Fess up! What junk do you eat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have fries with mayo and peanut sauce and a 'kroket', a deep-fried ragout-filled bread-crumb covered thing on a bun with mustard, about once every 3 weeks.
And i don't feel guilty, because i love it too much.

If I don't feel like cooking, then it is pizza.... when I am looking for munchies on the fly, my favorite here lately (sounds kinda shi shi) is prochitto with goat cheese and crushed black pepper. For some reason, I can't get enough of it. I also like that coco lopez stuff to... can eat that right out of the can at 200000000 calories a spoon full! And those cinnamon rolls you bake in the oven or cherry turnovers fresh out of the oven..... holy cow I am in heaven!

Then I have lots of healthy things I eat too!

Since it's time to come clean, salami and peanuts. I guess I am not so into sugary stuff. I have also been reprimanded by my Dh for eating too much bread, even though the margarine was omega 3 healthy. I love bread any time of the day. DH goes for chocolate while we are watching a movie, and brings me a thick slice of buttered bread and some salami.

VickiQ said:
March 19th is the Feast of St Joseph(Sorry grandpa-I can't spell Joseph in Italian:angel: )I am looking forward to the zeppoles- not the carnival ones but, the real pastry deal ones!!!With the "cannoli" filling!!!:-p
Urmaniac-what do you consider cassata filling- depending on which bakery we go to here cassata can be a custardy thing with peaches or cannoli filling ??I also adore saviatta cookies (also known as savolette) and gingalinas(sp).
Hmmm I think I need a trip to the bakery- first I have to find a good Italian one because we no longer have one in town :ermm:
You guys are great!!!!:rolleyes:

Vicki, Cassata filling is pretty close to the cannoli filling, made by well drained ricotta (preferably di pecora, made by sheep milk), creamed together with powdered sugar and chocolate drops, with a touch of "fiori di arancia" (orange flower water). It is layered between "pan di spagna", sponge cake, then coated by rich glaze made by almond paste. Our friend from Sicily mix in good quality pistacchi to get a nice green shade, too...
We haven't tried making it ourselves, but if you are interested I will send you a recipe... (I need to translate it though!) But I hope you can find a good one at the "Festa di San Giuseppe" (yea!! Giuseppe is Joseph in Italian!!)!!

Mac and cheese from the blue box
buttered noodles
chocolate
Jr. Whoppers with extra onions and pickles ( no cheese please)
vanilla ice cream
and STARBUCKS white mochas!
and lately... I've been wanting toasted bagles with peanut butter and honey.

Taco Bell taco salad (extra sour cream, please)

KFC original recipe dark meat, and one of those little thingies of mac and cheese on the side

Coupla rows of Krispy Kremes or Pecan Sandies

Potato chips with ridges or the scoopy Fritos and a whole container of French Onion dip all to myself

Big ole bowl of Honeycomb or Trix cereal

Cheezits

Hostess fruit pies, except the pineapple one

Should I stop now?

Ice cream
Candy, especially chocolate
Any cheesy chip, especially Cheetos, although I have to be careful, or my lactose intolerance will act up, and everyone downwind of me 24 hours later will wonder what died
Donuts of all kinds, especially Bavarian Creme filled
cookies of all kinds

* Any doughnut from my dad's grocery store ... when he knew I was coming home from college or the west coast, he would have his baker make these incredible chocolate raised bismarks that they filled with white cream - O M G ... talk about comfort food!
* mac & cheese ... homemade with real cream, butter and real cheddar
* popcorn ... I know what you're thinking - "popcorn isn't bad" - well, you haven't had my honies!
* white castle ... now that we're back in the midwest, we need a slider "fix" every now and again :rolleyes:

I'm not much of a sweets eater, but I occasionally loe a custard filled dogunt with chocolate on top..Don't eat much fast foods, but love jack in the box tacos, in and out cheese burger and fires. But my favorite at home treat is just a fajita sized flour tortilla with melted pepper jack cheese on it. Somethimes I'll eat 2 for dinner...yummy...My daughter loves to make tuna or chicken salad and then scoop it up with big potato chips..I love potatoe chips and pepperoncini's together or chips and chocolate..That's it, the others I'm saving :LOL: If I even think about them, I'll go rustle some up:LOL: :ROFLMAO:

kadesma

O.K. I confess I like to get Burger King Kids Club meals. When I don't feel like cooking I get 2 Hamburger Kids Club Meal with Onion Rings, 2 Onion Sauce which is Cheese and Horse Radish, and a BB Q Sauce.
I take the top off of it leaving Picklees on the Hamburger. I then open and put the Onion Rings on the Hamburger and cover with Onion Ring Sauce. I take the top off the second hamurger and put hamburger and bottom on top of the Onion Rings. Put pickles from top on Hamberger, then open and layer Onion Rings. Put bun top back on. The left over top will be left somewhere to feed the Varmints. Anyway I turn the Hamburger over and put half container of BB Q Sauce on bottom of the Hamburger and spread arround. Put bottom back on. Turn it over, press top down, and enjoy a Ranchero Burger.
Interlock fingers above and below the bun to hold the Ranchero Burger as it is called and enjoy. I sometimes do the Shinoku puzzle while doing that.
I almost forgot I wash it down with Doctor Pepper.
It is the only soda that is good hot. When soda came in water filled machines in service stations we would sometimes get so busy that the pop would be warm when we got back to it. Doctor Pepper was still good warm. I have had Doctor Pepper HOT simmered like tea. It tastes sorta like Tea with a Cherry flavor.
Then there is the toys that come with the Kids Meals.

For me it's almost anything from McD's (but only one Big Mac since February - no other McD's!), any other fast food burger with bacon and cheese, all sorts of sweets (doughnuts, pastries, cakes, etc - but not hard candy, generally), cheese galore, and almost any "instant meal" from M&M Meat Shops (those are so good, but many aren't very healthy).

(Un)fortunately, I'm pretty much off all of that. Except the Harvey's burger I had at Home Depot today to celebrate losing 30 lbs :LOL:

okay... Kebap.. I could starve for it... It is our usual sunday night dinner when we had been away and nothing is in house... but it's now for more than four weeks since we last had... :ohmy:

what else? Pizza Calzone from these fast food pizza men in the city... a MUST when I'm there...
not so much a McD's fan, but Frank is, so a chicken burger from time to time... unfortunately they took the veggie burger out of the programm..
frozen pizza and asian quick cooking noodles... the small snack in between... ;o))

I sometimes give in to temptation and go to our local chip shop and have a 'white pudding supper'. YUMMMMM - but the calories and fats.... I only give in about 3 or 4 times a year, usually when we have overseas visitors, then I can blame it on their desire to eat a real Scottish fish supper, as we call fish and chips in Scotland. :)

From Wikipedia
In Scotland, White pudding can also be known as Mealy Pudding. It consists of suet, oatmeal onionand spices Scottish white pudding does not contain meat.
Many versions are suitable for vegetarians, in that they contain no animal fat, vegetable fat being used instead.
The pudding may be cooked whole, or cut into slices and fried. It is an important feature of the traditional Irish breakfast. White pudding (as well as its black andr ed relatives) is also served battered and fried in chip shops in Scotland as an alternative to fish. When served this way, accompanied by chips, it is known as a White Pudding Supper.

Last edited:
I'll have the occasional fast-food meal if I'm out & about & suddenly hungry.

Favorite would have to be Taco Bell - just the plain original tacos, which give me a "blast from the past" when I was growing up in NY & Jack-In-The-Box was the only fast-food chain that offered tacos. Those Jack-In-The-Box tacos were a favorite breakfast item after a night out partying - lol!!

Other than that, I'm really not a big junk-food fan. While I love pizza, don't really consider it "junk food", & I've never been a fan of chips or sweet snacks.

I don't like chocolate. I'm not a big chip fan. We don't eat fast food often, and, luckilly, I'm the only one that likes Taco Bell.

My big downfall is gravy. I'd pour it over my coffee, if I could figure out how and have been known to 'drink' the leftovers.

:) I like a green chili cheese burger and tator tots about once every two weeks at Sonic.Buy cheetos maybe twice a year as I can almost eat a whole bag at once.I dont consider pizza or home made burgers and oven fries as junk food.We always have tortilla chips at home Tostidos has just put out a multi grain tortilla chip they are really good.

Junk food, what's that? :D

Pizza Pops, Cheezies, Cheese Nip crackers, Baked Lays potato chips, Goldfish crackers and Cool Ranch Doritos are among my very favs! If I really want to ignore the fact that those pesky things called calories exist, there is always a trip to Tim Hortons or a poutine as well :)

Back
Top Bottom