Fess up! What junk do you eat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grumblebee

Contest Winner
Admit it. You aren't a gourmet cook every day of the week. Sometimes you pop open a can of beans and eat them straight from the can. (I cannot be the only one who has done this... :innocent: ) Or maybe you like a nice, big, greasy diner breakfast now and then. Well, now you can cleanse your soul by confessing to your hedonistic "junk food" side.

What are the junk/instant foods that you eat? (and secretly enjoy!) I'm curious to see what all my fellow foodies will list!

For me they would be:
-fast food onion rings (so greasy, but yummy)
-breakfast from Denny's (especially good for hangovers... LOL)
-instant ramen noodles (sodium overload...but i still love 'em)
-Tim Horton's sour cream glazed doughnut
-Doritos guacamole flavoured nacho chips
-Mrs Vickies kettle cooked BBQ chips

...what are yours? :)

I eat a lot of Fig Newtons, though I don't really consider those "junk".

My main vice is pretty clear cut, though: Better Made potato chips. There are only 2 states in the country that sell them--Michigan and the northern tip of Ohio...I live in Oregon. I actually have these chips flown in to me from time to time.

Other than that? Pizza rolls/Bagel Bites, Pop Tarts, every once in a blue moon a box of Twinkies (since they don't sell Chocodiles where I live).

That's about it for junk food. Usually eat pretty well. Lot of kiwis, strawberries, melons, cranberry juice.

BTW--who said greasy diner breakfasts aren't "gourmet"? The best food around is usually found at truck stops or places that have a lot of big rigs in the lot :P

I feel guilty when I eat snacks, so after one bite I'm kind of disgusted with the thought of eating. I eat a lot of just add water type meals though. I buy them for hurricane supplies, and my hubby buys them because he likes them in his lunchbox. We're on a tight budget and I can't always go grocery shopping when I need to. Well, that and I can't drive : P So we buy it as emergency food but it ends up getting eaten every time.

Ok, I'll admit it. Sometimes, I actually drink beer that...

Comes in a can!!! :shock: Oh the shame! The shame!! :ROFLMAO:

John

Haven't gone to a fast food place in about 3 years. I'm not a fancy cook by any means. I like to cook hot dishes and meat and potatoes but all in different ways. Can of beans? yep, have done that but not in awhile.Usually make our own ( junk foods),Fried burgers,onion rings,egg rolls,love bacon and fried eggs.

I'm one that uses those ramen noodles. I love 'em. I try to make them "healthier" by adding veggies, but who am I kidding? They're fast, they're easy, and they are nothing but flour, salt and grease.

I think I'm a little better than most when it comes to junk food. If I have to clear the table, I'm not eating there (cuts out McDs, etc). When I eat outside of my own house, I want someone else to do all the work. Isn't that the point? I'm not much on sweets. I got fed up with what used to be an old favorite, rice-a-roni the last time I ate it, and now make my own. But I eat too much ramen noodles!

Once a week, on my grocery day, I buy a small bag of chips or some pieces of fried chicken. Hubby and I share them (after carefully checking the carbs for his diabetes). This is our "sin".

Last edited:
I love all kinds of junk food and always look for an occasion to pig out (usually poker night at the neighbor's house) - chips and onion dip, queso dip, cheetos, any kind of chocolate, krispy kreme donuts

A trip to Wendy's is always a treat in my house - i pig out!
quick and easy dinners (but oh so bad for you) - top ramen, eckridge sausage with mac-n-cheese, those little chicken kievs (like a giant chicken nugget with butter in them)

There, my secrets out, don't hate me cuz I eat junk.

Anything out there. LOL

I only get take out once a week, usually either Jack in the Box, Sonic, Popeyes or Subway. On occasion, McDonald's.

I don't know what yall consider "junk food". Some people consider most country foods as "junk foods"... personally, i think its THE best food when prepared with LOVE,not junk food. That includes homemade chips, pies, cakes,doughnuts,cookies ...as far as calories and fat ...oh my goodness!!!

VickiQ said:
I'm with you Kim and an occasional cannoli!!!!:-p

ah ha!!, cannoli!! that's the Sicilian in you!!:-p Anyway they are too good to be considered as "junk food"!! I love them myself!! Have you tried Cassata, too? Another wonderful Sicilian treat!!

My culnary vices are candy coated peanuts, pralines, puff pastry treats sweet or savoury, and yes... chocolates... I :heart: Milka!!

We don't eat much junk food - and if we eat fast food, try to get what is healthiest, or the least bad for us. I do like chocolate, but try to limit my intake - at least until I get in shape.

i do love chips, and dips, whatever kind ya got.
othwise i get really pissed when i have to eat fast food and other junk

urmaniac13 said:
ah ha!!, cannoli!! that's the Sicilian in you!!:-p Anyway they are too good to be considered as "junk food"!! I love them myself!! Have you tried Cassata, too? Another wonderful Sicilian treat!!

how about chocolate covered cannolis, or canneloni zabaglione, rolled in chopped hazelnuts?
or double dark chocolate dipped tartufo? or toasted almond tortonis?

ahhhhhhhhhhh! i need chocolate, and ice cream.... brb!

I love to snack on
crunchy cheetos
potato chips and dip
anything chocolate

I try not to keep the chips and cheetos in the house, too tempting.

March 19th is the Feast of St Joseph(Sorry grandpa-I can't spell Joseph in Italian:angel: )I am looking forward to the zeppoles- not the carnival ones but, the real pastry deal ones!!!With the "cannoli" filling!!!:-p
Urmaniac-what do you consider cassata filling- depending on which bakery we go to here cassata can be a custardy thing with peaches or cannoli filling ??I also adore saviatta cookies (also known as savolette) and gingalinas(sp).
Hmmm I think I need a trip to the bakery- first I have to find a good Italian one because we no longer have one in town :ermm:
You guys are great!!!!:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom