Fired Friday 8/21/20

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Munky

Honey Badger
Not sure yet.
Left over burgers & curly fries
Burrito's (sounds like more of an effort than it's worth)
French dip sammiches.
Or frozen chicken strips. Effort!!....Deep fryer needs a good cleaning.
Beats using the oven.

I don't feel like doing anything. The AQI here is 306.
Made the mistake of going outside.

I had plans for chicken thighs and sides but, the kids want Mexican food so, we will go out to dinner with them, this evening.

I did stop for a Bavarian Creme Kringle, after an appointment, this morning. :yum:

Ross

Cuban chicken and corn pie with black beans.

Attachments

• 2020-08-21 17.46.41.jpg
    2020-08-21 17.46.41.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 84
Friday Night is comfort Night !
Angus Beef Burgers, Mashed Baby Reds, Mushroom & Onion Gravy, Corn on the Cob, Lefty Carrots, and the Salad, with Asian Sesame-Ginger Dressing (Ken's)...

Burgers, Mushroom & Onion Gravy.jpg

I made Philly cheesesteak sandwiches on long white buns. I didn't like the bun part, but the rest was yummy. I used that flank steak I was wondering what to do with. I also made a black bean and corn salad. That was another first for me and it turned out really well. I will be tweaking it in the future to make it even better.

4 y/o GS declared corn on the cob is his favorite food, and now that is all he will eat for dinner. He could do worse, I suppose. we grilled some COB along with burgers and in this 90 degree heat, there will be ice cream soon.

Last edited:
Chicken bacon ranch pizza.

I was always of the opinion that if there's one thing that didn't belong on pizza, it was chicken. But one time I had a sample of a chicken bacon & ranch pizza and was surprised at how good it tasted. So I'll have one every now and then. Not too often, as I like pizza, but don't love it. Normally when I have pizza, whether it be from a pizza shop or one I've made myself, it's a veggie. I don't like meat on pizza unless it's ham and pineapple.

But the chicken bacon ranch was pretty decent.

DH played golf yesterday, so he picked up takeout on his way home. We shared a mixed shawarma platter and an order of falafel. My neighbor and I were having cocktail hour on the porch and she ordered from the same place. So we invited her in to eat with us (she's single, a professor at a nearby college and has been on sabbatical since December, so no contact with students - till Monday).

Back
Top Bottom