Food you LOVED as a child but Hate now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Macaroni & Cheese is one of those things I loved as a child (good old neon orange Kraft - lol) & still love now.

While I love playing around with "adult" versions these days (Four-Cheese, Chipotle Chili, etc., etc.), every once in awhile I have to admit that I break down & make myself a "comfort food" meal of fish sticks (Gorton's or Mrs. Paul's) & good old Kraft mac & cheese.

How about looking at it backwards. When I was younger I could not - would not eat fried liver and onions. I don't eat it often now, but I do appreciate the taste.
Mark

Tripe and onions with mashed potatoes and a slosh of malt vinegar.

My husband and sons would never eat it, so I made it when no one else was at home. But one day I came to the conclusion it tasted like wallpaper paste (well, actually like I imagine wallpaper paste might taste) and I decided it was time to get over it.

does anyone remember devil dogs to be bigger creamier and moist instead of dry? I loved them as a kid and still do, but aren't as good as I remember them to be?

Most candy. I always loved sweets growing up, but seem to find more and more things as being too sweet for my taste as time passes.

I think ALL the snack cakes were better then - moister, creamier, & LARGER.

i don't remember the name of it, but I used to like one that was chocolate cake, chocolate icing, & was filled with peanut butter.

chocolate milk,
candy used to love really do not like candy much anymore.
rice pudding i can't stand it now i think my folks made it way
to much.

Back
Top Bottom