Freaky Friday Food Fest 4/6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
What delectables are you planning for tonight's repast?

We will be enjoying Tuscan Butter Shrimp over spaghetti.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a beautiful, sunny day in southeastern Virginia. DH just left to meet some friends for golf and dinner out. I will order myself a pizza delivery from our local pizza joint and enjoy the warm weather. I think I'll eat it outside on the patio.

It's a beautiful, sunny day in southeastern Virginia. DH just left to meet some friends for golf and dinner out. I will order myself a pizza delivery from our local pizza joint and enjoy the warm weather. I think I'll eat it outside on the patio.

Lucky You! It's snowing here.

ADMIN: please fix thread title to read Food Fest, not Good Fest.

Thanks.

A burger from The Burger Meister cookbook, Chicago beer burger with beer braised onions, mushroom ketchup, and homemade potato chips. Oh, the buns are homemade too.

Attachments

• 2018-04-06 17.29.51.jpg
    2018-04-06 17.29.51.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 130
It's Cleveland's home opener game today, and I was going to go all out by doing hot dogs in the style of Melt Bar and Grilled - thick-cut bread with grilled hot dogs and whatever kind of extras we wanted. I planned on kraut/swiss cheese/Bertman's Ballpark mustard, or bacon/cheese/dill pickles, or maybe almost Chicago Dog style. Sigh, a nasty pain in my back put the kibosh on those plans. Instead, it's hot dogs on buns, kettle potato chips, and baked beans. My Melt Dogs will have to wait for another day...

I'm going to take advantage of Papa Johns Pizza MLB promotion, 40% off any online order. I'm not sure if it will work for you, but the online ordering discount code is PapaSlam.

Not sure yet. Rain, hail and tornado sirens at the moment. Kinda ruins my plans to grill out tonight. Ahhh, springtime in North Texas.

CD

Got browned Italian sausage, some rotisserie chicken stock, and some other stuff, so I'll throw together Italian sausage soup.

Got browned Italian sausage, some rotisserie chicken stock, and some other stuff, so I'll throw together Italian sausage soup.

That sounds very interesting. What kinds of veggies are involved? The cajun Trinity would be good with that, I'm thinking. But, I like the Trinity in every soup.

Any pasta? Beans?

CD

Just went shopping at my local Japanese grocery store, and bought everything I need to make one of my favorite soups, Shoyu Ramen. All from scratch.
Sm9Du20.jpg

US4M5Kh.jpg

I grilled a couple of slabs of flap steaks earlier today (before the winds from hell came up...:ohmy:). This afternoon's dinner was unmarinated carne asada tacos, very simply done. Just the meat, chopped mild white onion, and cilantro in double corn tortillas. It's the way my fave little mom and pop Mexican restaurant here does them. I love them this way as opposed to the Taco Bell style. :ermm:

I portioned out and vacuum sealed the rest of the grilled loveliness for later.

Deli Delights for Freaky Friday. Virginia ham, salami, cheese, tomato, lettuce, mayo on sour dough and a container of 3 bean salad. Clausen half dill pickle from far back of the frigerator.

That sounds very interesting. What kinds of veggies are involved? The cajun Trinity would be good with that, I'm thinking. But, I like the Trinity in every soup.

Any pasta? Beans?

CD

Si! Veggies were celery, carrots, onion, along with the previous ingredients. Northern beans and Mexican estrella fideo (star-shaped tina pasta that doesn't disintegrate when you throw it into soup). Lots of Italian and Mexican seasoning, along with a recently expired can of Hunt's Zesty and Spicy pasta sauce. Fresh grated parm on top. Turned out pretty tasty!

Last edited:
Due to the weather, I cooked indoors tonight with what I had on hand. I made a simple mac-and-cheese with a bunch of diced up Boar's Head ham. I tossed in a little diced frozen cayenne peppers from last season -- too early for fresh ones. It was very good, but I ate it too fast. I tend to do that with pastas.

I'm happy.

I can't wait for the really good fresh fruits and veggies that will start arriving in about a month. My grills are going to get a major workout.

CD

Due to the weather, I cooked indoors tonight with what I had on hand. I made a simple mac-and-cheese with a bunch of diced up Boar's Head ham. I tossed in a little diced frozen cayenne peppers from last season -- too early for fresh ones. It was very good, but I ate it too fast. I tend to do that with pastas.

I'm happy.

I can't wait for the really good fresh fruits and veggies that will start arriving in about a month. My grills are going to get a major workout.

CD

My friend, this sounds like a very good comfy food. Mac n cheese with ham !!! I'll take that anytime.

And yes, I hear you about the upcoming summer season. My grill is in the corner right now, and not because Im not using it. But because its been talking so much smack waiting for the fresh veggies :)

This was clean up fridge night with leftovers. Turned out to be a pretty good meal in the end.

All your meals look and sound fantastic!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom