Friday, 1-12-17, what's for din-din?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Homemade pasta with browned butter, robiola cheese sauce, with shaved truffle. Finally opened our bottle of Perrier Jouet to go with.

Attachments

• 2018-01-12 17.58.22.jpg
    2018-01-12 17.58.22.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Moussaka left over from a couple of days ago. With just the two of us, I've learned to make dishes like this (lasagna, manicotti, etc.) in two 8x8 baking dishes, rather than one 9x14 dish. That gives me the easy option of saving it for a couple of days, giving it to our daughter and SIL, or putting it in the freezer.

BethZ - Wicked good shrimp sounds like a New England dish :)

The wife and boy aren't feeling well, so I made garlic grilled cheese sandwiches and a can of Progresso creamy tomato basil soup for them.
I'm still trying to figure out what I'll have. Probably pick something up on the way to work.

I hope they feel better soon, Bucky.

I'm warming up the last of the country style pork ribs from the other night. Roasted asparagus, and a baked potato with sour cream and chives for sides.

Dinner for me ended up with stuff from the Korean market.

A mix of black beans, seaweed salad, and spicy fish jerkies, Sweetfish roe, and salmon sashimi.

Side of sticky rice.

Attachments

• 0113180027b_HDR.jpg
    0113180027b_HDR.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 126
I was too busy today to plan anything for "din-din," so it was a sandwich night at the doghouse. I really need to finish off the deli meats before I leave town in a few days, anyway.

CD

Got some very fresh haddock when I shopped yesterday, so we had baked haddock with buttered cracker crumbs seasoned with The Spice House Lake Shore Drive blend, Lundgren Wild Rice blend mixed with cremini mushrooms sauteed in butter and splashed with dry Sherry and sliced almonds, and sauteed zucchini discs seasoned with The Spice House Florida Seasoned pepper. Garden salads preceded the main event; they were generously topped with French feta cheese that was "imported" from Cleveland. :cool:

Attachments

• 20180112_214153.jpg
    20180112_214153.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 133
It is hard to find haddock here. That is my favorite fish for fish-n-chips. I like it better than cod.

CD

Friday night is end of week, out to dinner night..

We went to a well known chain, which we all have enjoyed many times..
Two out of the 3 meals were not wonderful (one was terrible).. Don't know why but, they are off the list for now... :(

Ross

It was another late OT night for TB (Fridays seem to be that way) so I ended up making taco salads. I was able to prep everything and then just heat the meat and put it all together when he was out with Miley.

Made the leftover cattatorie chicken into soup. Served it over gnocchi pariesiene. Dad had a side salad, Mom had fruit and cottage cheese. G occhi pariesiene is so much fun to make.

Back
Top Bottom