Friday 12/30/2016. What's on the menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flour

Cook
Pan pork steaks with glazed carrots and baked potato wedges.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm working another 17 hour shift. 2 hours left to go.

DW is taking the boys bowling then driving them home, so I'll probably just pick up a pizza on the way home.

Got to use up the rest of the jumbo lump, so we will have butterflied, royal reds, stuffed with crab Diablo. Rice pilaf as the side. I have a bit of prep work for tomorrows Le Petit Cochon on the Horizon stick burner.;)

I had the liquid left from poaching the cod on Christmas Eve, some smoked trout, smoked salmon, and some cod, so I decided to make a fish chowder. The side will be a salad and some of that dark rye bread. That's it, that's all.

Change of plans. Since there was very little traffic getting out of the city, I decided to stop at a Greek diner near my old house to get one of their Friday specials to take out: braised lamb shanks over orzo, with a nicely loaded salad, a side of string beans and stewed tomatoes, dinner rolls, and a sliver of chocolate mousse cake. All for $13!

Last edited:
I felt an overwhelming need to tip the pizza delivery guy one last time this year. He brought a pepperoni/ sausage pizza in exchange.

Change of plans. Since there was very little traffic getting out of the city, I decided to stop at a Greek diner near my old house to get one of their Friday specials to take out: braised lamb shanks over orzo, with a nicely loaded salad, a side of string beans and stewed tomatoes, dinner rolls, and a sliver of chocolate mousse cake. All for $13!

Wow. I want some of that :yum:

Sounds good buck. What dinner did you get that?

Tummy is feeling funky. I didn't eat my lunch (Wendy's 1/2 apple, chicken and pecan salad with pomegranate dressing). So I may have that or maybe just some mashed with gravy.

Still working on leftovers. DH brought home a pound of free-range bacon as a gift from work and has been nagging me to cook it, so that too.

Sounds good buck. What dinner did you get that?

The Parkway, on 46 in Elmwood park.

Here 'tis: (although they put the stewed tomatoes, no stringbeans, on top instead of as a side. It depends on the cook and the waitress. No matter. The waitress was cute and had a sexy accent. )

And sorry if it's blurry. Will fix when I can.

Attachments

• 1230161806a.jpg
    1230161806a.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
By the gods, buckytom, that greek meal sounds delicious. Happy new years y'all, if I don't get on the computer! I made up some snackin deviled eggs, an apple crumble on top cookie base, have dough getting tasty for mushroom and prosciutto pizza, and blackberry bubbly. Then cabbage with left over prosciutto, black eyed peas on the side for new years day.

Too beat to cook. Just snacking...Brought home the end leg of a prosciutto, added some marinated veggies, Sicilian Peppato cheese, Ryvita crackers, some home made Creton, garlic stuffed olives, something leftover from xmas that is all mushed up in a little bowl(I think it is Borsin). A big jug of Fontana di Papa...tomorrow is going to be madness....bring it on...

The Parkway, on 46 in Elmwood park.

Here 'tis: (although they put the stewed tomatoes, no stringbeans, on top instead of as a side. It depends on the cook and the waitress. No matter. The waitress was cute and had a sexy accent. )

And sorry if it's blurry. Will fix when I can.

Thank you Bucky. Haven't been to the Parkway in years. I would be going west on 46 and hit Pizzatown (also Elmwood Park) Best calzones, pizza and zeppoles!!

Last edited:
Gosh, Bucky....17 hour shifts - I don't know how you do it! Great looking dinners to all.

Simple and easy dinner here again this evening - a mushroom and asparagus omelet and the last Thomas' limited edition cranberry English muffin. I may buy another package or two of those for the freezer if the grocery store still has them. :yum:

Last edited:
I love their cranberry muffins, Cheryl! One store by us had them buy one/get one, so we have about 8 waiting for us in the freezer.

We were running around, picking up foods for NYE and New Year's dinner, so we did a quick stop at Chick-fil-a. :w00t:

...Happy new years y'all, if I don't get on the computer!...
Same to you, Flour!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom