Friday 2/19/2016 - What's on the plate mate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Ms. Mofet's Creamy Garlic Béchamel Sauce tossed with Barilla mini bow ties (maybe with baby peas) baby spinach and the jury is out on the meat but I feel like breaded chicken cutlet. I also feel like a quick and easy cheater French onion soup made with can soup.

The food52 pork ragu recipe that AndyM posted a short while ago. The supermarket didn't have anything labeled pork shoulder, but I picked up a pork butt. I don't know if there is any real difference or if it is a regional naming difference. It's in the oven now, and it sure does smell good!

DH brought home a massive Italian sub for lunch. We finished off half. So we'll have the second half for dinner, supplemented with leftover green bean casserole.

This house has a revolving door today. Everybody has a life but me.
Might as well take advantage of that small but simple fact. It's what I want for dinner day. Here we go.

Chicken Enchiladas
Spanish Rice
Refried beans
Tortilla chips and salsa on the side

To go please.
Have a nice day.:chef:

The food52 pork ragu recipe that AndyM posted a short while ago. The supermarket didn't have anything labeled pork shoulder, but I picked up a pork butt. I don't know if there is any real difference or if it is a regional naming difference. It's in the oven now, and it sure does smell good!

Pork butt is the top section of the front shoulder while the shoulder (picnic) is the lower section of the shoulder. Either will do nicely. I usually buy the butt but had to use some shoulder this time. There is little difference.

A quick and easy, old-time favorite, and one of Himself's favorites. A can of mixed veggies, a can of cream of mushroom soup, two cans of tuna (used to be one until they shrunk the cans down so much :glare: ), and a cup+ of rice. He likes his wetter, so I scoop some of it out of the big casserole dish I mix it in, add a bit more rice to mine in a smaller dish, then cover them both and bake. Such happiness at the cost of one extra baking dish. ;)

No meat Friday for lent. We're having linguine and white clam sauce, crusty Italian bread and salad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TB had a grilled steak with sauteed mushroom and onions, tomatoes and cucumbers.

I had a Caesar salad with a few slices of steak thrown in. I also had some mushrooms and onions on the side. :)

Heh. We're clearly not Catholic ;) We'll be sharing a pan-seared New York strip steak and having baked potatoes, salad and Fox Point toast for sides.

Going to be a tossed together casserole. :rolleyes:

1 10oz. Canned diced chicken

1 14.5oz can diced Tomatoes

1 can Cream of Asparagus soup

Aprox. 1 cup Frozen Veg mix. (Corn, Green Beans, Carrots, & Peas)

4oz cooked Farfalle pasta.

Aprox. 1 tsp ea. Garlic & Onion powder

A sprinkling of paprika.

1/4 cup Swiss cheese.

24 twists of the pepper mill.

A bit of Accent (MSG) :eek:

Placed in a glass 14 x 9 baking dish at 350 degrees.

Topped with Bread crumbs and more Swiss cheese.

Starting at 30 min's and seeing where it seems done.

Wish me luck and enjoy what you are fixing for yourselves. :chef:

I observe on Good Friday only and since I had bacon with breakfast, I'll continue with pork for dinner.

Pan fried pork chops with our favorite Dijon/wine/cream sauce and mushrooms.
Steamed broccolini and tater tots for the SC.

I have a quick meatless sauce simmering on the stove to serve over some fresh chicken and basil ravioli.

We had browned and braised country-style pork ribs. They were huge and all we needed were some buttered Italian green beans. One rib each and a big spoonful of beans and we were more than satisfied. Good part...there are plenty left for dinner tomorrow.

Zagut, you had me at "24 twists of the pepper mill" :LOL:, I love fresh ground pepper. :yum:

I thawed some chili I found in the freezer this afternoon, and built a multi-cheese and canned Ortega chile pepper quesadilla for a side. :)

Fresh ground is the only way to go. :yum:

I have pre-ground pepper but only use it when I'm in a hurry and the mill is empty or the recipe/creation calls for a lot of pepper.

I was going to use 25 twists but I didn't want it to have an odd taste. :whistling

Rolled Elk sausage on a steak roll w/ Jack Daniels glaze (home made).

img_1456296_0_424c089ae164573fb52b526bcbb96461.jpg

S&P, That looks really good. :yum:

Why is it my dinner never looks or sounds as good as what someone else is fixing/having? :rolleyes:

Guess it's the old "Grass is Greener" ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom