Friday, 2-28-20, what's on your table?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Our grandson is here for the weekend so he gets a kid friendly meal while SO and I have a mea of L/O chili mac and cheese.

I'm tired and uninspired. I guess it's obvious [emoji38]

DH: You know what's for dinner tonight?
Me: What?
DH: Pizza! (takeout from our favorite local pizza joint)
Me: Yay! :wub:

I'm tired and uninspired. I guess it's obvious [emoji38]

DH: You know what's for dinner tonight?
Me: What?
DH: Pizza! (takeout from our favorite local pizza joint)
Me: Yay! :wub:

That's what we had Wednesday! And for pretty much the same reason.

Grandkids are here for the weekend too. Tonight was sloppy joes. broccoli trees with ranch dip for one, carrot sticks no dip for the other, salad for us.

I woke crabby and tired today. By the time I was done running errands I had no interest in cooking. Since I was interested in eating, I grabbed a cheese pizza from one of the many pizza joints along the route between my last store and home.

I've got Costco frozen Chicken cordon bleu and fresh Asparagus in the oven
:yum:

IMG_5512.jpg

DELISH!!!
We each had a small "Shoyu dish" of Hickory Farms Sweet Hot Mustard for the dipping of Chicken :yum:

https://www.hickoryfarms.com/gourmet-food/condiments/mustards/sweet-hot-mustard-003478.html

Now there ya go !!! I've been trying to find how I could get more of this stuff once their "pop-up" stores are gone after the holidays!!!

Anywhos, that couldn't have been an easier...
tin foil two trays and pop them in the hot box
BOOM!
Dinner

Lovely pics! Chicken and dumplings here this evening....shared with daughter and grandson. Pretty darned good. :yum:

I took advantage of my individual casseroles and made a fish dish on this first Friday of lent with the help of the new Elote seasoning from TJ's, (good stuff!) The bottom layer was Mexican Elote corn and the fish was Mahi Mahi slathered with the spicy mayo/cheese mixture I used for the corn. I topped the fish with buttered Panko crumbs and the crushed "flaming hot Cheetos" added a real kick. :zorro:

Attachments

• P2280035.jpg
    P2280035.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 76
  • P2280039.jpg
    P2280039.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
We had breakfast for dinner..

Omelettes with sauteed shrimp and asparagus, topped with avocado slices..
Baked some biscuits to go with them..

Apple pie for dessert..

Ross

We had BLT's for brunch with sliced cucumbers and tomatoes. Peaches and cream oatmeal for supper with some extra peaches diced up into it.

Back
Top Bottom