Friday 3/23 ... anyone cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How do you "twist" your beef wellington, Lynda?

We are going out for dinner, so no cooking for me.

Sorry, Lyndalou, perhaps I should not have used the word twist........I should have used the word unusual or odd it is just an expression that is used where we live.............

I will be more careful next time

I've got some boneless chicken thighs in the crockpot with a can of crushed pineapple and a bottle of Russian dressing. It makes a kind of sweet and sour sauce. Serve it over rice. May open some green beans or just have salads. We'll see closer to dinner time what people want.

Half container whole milk riccota, half bag baby spinach, some parm and pancetta. We'll be rockin some ravioli with a sauce incorporating the pancetta. Some sage in the garden. Yeah, its ravioli time:yum:

We are breaking tradition...no fish today. We are having friends over for dinner and I'm grilling burgers and boneless chicken breasts. There will be a choice of buns, toppings, condiments, and cheeses. Macaroni and potato salads on the side.

A simple dinner tonight. Roasted chicken pieces and roasted root veggies. All to be enjoyed with some Pinot Grigio.

Grilled some pork chops, simply seasoned. Man, I should have cleaned my grill ages ago, now that I have she is cooking like a beast. Serving with a quickie alfredo and some grilled asparagus. Oh, and I popped in a few frozen cheddar bay biscuit clones that I had in the freezer, they are soooo yummy.

Too hot in here tonight to cook much, so I tried out my electric pressure cooker tonight. Country Ribs. Sides of Potato Salad, Baked Beans and Marinated Cucumbers.(Ribs browned and smothered in Sweet Baby Ray's. Potato Salad, boiled russets, dressed with sweet relish, chopped onion, chopped celery, celery seeds, Miracle Whip and mustard and dusted with paprika. Sliced cucumbers with black pepper and red wine vinegar. Campbell's Pork and Beans, mustard, ketchup, onions and brown sugar.)
View attachment 13275

Last edited:
Not even in bacon?

While I enjoy watching hockey do you know how funny I find it that they refer to them as sweaters? :LOL:

they're called sweaters because they really used to be sweaters since the game originated outside in the winter, and later, indoor rinks were pretty cold.

hey, if they called them jerseys instead of sweaters, whenever i buy a brand new devils sweater, i be buying a new new jersey jersey... :)

I made meatloaf. I experimented by adding some Indian seasonings: ginger and garlic paste, roasted cumin, coriander, and chili flakes and then ground them in the Magic Bullet. I wouldn't say it was a wonderful success, but the meatloaf was good, just not quite what I was hoping for. We also had a green salad with a garlic and tarragon vinegrette and steamed, mixed vegis tossed with garlic butter.

Rib Eyes w/ Roasted Asparagus Spears & Baked Tater

img_1122783_0_edd2b3ff120ca85805ff854173a6d2c8.jpg

img_1122783_1_f0052a13a0878d2e35373d43ad476693.jpg

I combined the meatballs (made the other night, along with the burgers) with beef gravy and added some frozen peas for color. That was on top of egg noodles. It wasn't the casserole I had planned, but that is what dinner turned out to be. It was tasty.

img_1122786_0_d6eaa39e7487ed3bfd226c724f9acd95.jpg

Looks like a delicious NY strip steak to me???

that's what I MEANT to say.............:LOL:
23_11_56.gif

I put the rib-eye back- we share the rib-eye, and I wasn't in the mood to share...... unfortunately my memory faded overnight !

Keep me honest A-man !;)

Last edited:
that's what I MEANT to say.............:LOL:
23_11_56.gif

I put the rib-eye back- we share the rib-eye, and I wasn't in the mood to share...... unfortunately my memory faded overnight !

Keep me honest A-man !;)

We all slip up from time to time. No one ever hesitated to correct me. :LOL: I figure I've earned the right to do the same.

While I enjoy watching hockey do you know how funny I find it that they refer to them as sweaters? :LOL:

Why do you find that funny? Originally, ice hockey was played outside, in the winter, in Canada. They actually wore real wool sweaters as part of their uniforms. I've been a hockey fan most of my life, since I first pulled on a pair of skates when I was around 5 years old, and I still call them sweaters. Now that the Americans are trying to take over the sport just like they try to take over everything, they are calling them jerseys. Football players wear jerseys, baseball players wear shirts but they call them jerseys, and basketball players wear wife beaters but they call them jerseys. But even though the material has changed, hockey players STILL wear sweaters. If you look at the design of some of the NHL team uniforms (i.e. Rangers, Buffalo Sabres, and Canadiens), they are even designed to look like sweaters.

Back
Top Bottom