Friday 4th November 2011 - What's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First time I have ever been to a Famous Daves, met some folks up there. Wasn't bad actually, had the rib tips and brisket w/ Jalapeno corn mac 'n cheese, green beans, corn on the cob. . .wasn't the best Q I have ever had, but I would go back.

Steve Kroll said:
We went out to dinner at a fancy restaurant. For $160, my wife and I got about 3 bites each of salad, an undersized piece of fish (sitting atop a tiny dollop of creamed parsnips and smattering of brussel sprout leaves), and a couple of glasses of wine.

I left the place hungrier than when I arrived.

So we came home and ate leftovers.

I can relate, Steve. We went to our favorite little supper club, and they had a birthday party going on for about 35 people. The grill was not equipped. After being seated and getting our drinks, and a trip to the salad bar, the waitress said there would be a wait to get our entrees. After an hour and a half sitting at the table, I told her to cancel our order, since it would be another 30 minutes before they even started our food. DH was not happy, but tough noogies.

We came home and DH had leftovers too.

sorry you got ripped off, steve. i can relate as well. we eat out a lot.

one thing i learned from experience as well as watching a lot of cooking and foodie shows is that if you're paying $20+ for appys, and $35+ for entrees that are tiny, it had better be damned near perfect. if not, you must complain. either to the host/hostess, or at the very least online as a review.

word of mouth is what those places live and die by.

This was dinner, and my new camera arrived.
biggestgrin.gif

img_1067572_1_66cf66548495f9bd8d5accc15577c83c.jpg

That looks YUMMY!!

Frozen Digiorno Pizza *Hangs head in shame*

But I got it for under $5 with a coupon!!! :cool:

Thanks, VB. :)
Whole lotta mashed potatoes and gravy going around this week. Yours looks delicioius. I know I make a lot more gravy dishes when the colder weather gets here. And your new camera sure came in quick!

Pac, that looks wonderful! What looks so nice and melty in the first pic?

Thank you, Dawg!
Do you mean the marrow? The stuff you can barely see on the bread underneath the parsley salad?
If you Google New York Times roasted marrow bones you'll see the recipe.

Whole lotta mashed potatoes and gravy going around this week. Yours looks delicioius. I know I make a lot more gravy dishes when the colder weather gets here. And your new camera sure came in quick!

Thank you, Dawg!
Do you mean the marrow? The stuff you can barely see on the bread underneath the parsley salad?
Thanks. After seeing msmofet's meals, I had to have something with mashed taters and gravy. And, I had the camera sent express.

We went out to dinner at a fancy restaurant. For $160, my wife and I got about 3 bites each of salad, an undersized piece of fish (sitting atop a tiny dollop of creamed parsnips and smattering of brussel sprout leaves), and a couple of glasses of wine.

I left the place hungrier than when I arrived.

So we came home and ate leftovers.

I'm so sorry to hear you had a bad dinner. There are a couple of places in Seattle like that. They charge you big bucks and give you nibbles. I'm glad you had leftovers to eat, though.

Everyones meals sound wonderful.

Pac and VB FANTASTIC pictures!!

Happy anniversary Kayelle!

That's a nice looking stir-fry. It almost makes me want to hit the Chinese place for lunch, but I've eaten there before, lol. Their food does not look like that.

Thank you everyone.

Yes that is Almond Accents (found in the produce isle) sliced flavored roasted almonds.

Thank you, Dawg!
Good for you! bring on the gravy sister!

Back
Top Bottom