Friday 5/12/2017 What's on the plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As far as I know, a taco salad. I just took a bit of cooked and seasoned ground beef out of the freezer to thaw, have a can of black beans in the pantry to drain, and all the salad fixin's. If I'm feeling really ambitious, I'll fry up some corn tortilla strips for a topping.

SO found a recipe online for chicken breasts stuffed with spinach artichoke dip. So that's going to be dinner.

We are having my sister over for dinner, her DH is away right now. I am fixing a Caesar salad with garlic roasted croutons, and a pineapple, cashew, quinoa stir-fry.

No idea. We're driving to MI right now to visit DH's parents. We're planning to stop for the night between 9 and 10, so we'll eat somewhere along the way.

We had a clean out the fridge salad with arugula, grilled chicken, roasted red bell, pickled red onions, avocado, and blue cheese with a balsamic vinaigrette. It turned out really, really good. It's worth making for itself.

DH had an out of town minor medical procedure today, so we stopped off afterwards at a locally "famous" place and split a grilled pork tenderloin and onion rings. None of which was to write home about, but we're not hungry right now. We'll forage later if need be.

My plan was to make a big entree salad and use up some leftover grilled Flank Steak, BUT
DH had Buddies Day Out with Mister Dear Friend and they decided to have, what else?
Big entree salads for lunch!

So, plan b.
I've got some Sweet Italian Sausages defrosting and a loaf of TJ's Half Baked Idea mini Ciabatta.
I'll boil up some thick Spaghetti; add some pan roasted Sweet Red Peppers, Sweet White Onions, Garlic aplenty, some EVOO and white wine to create a sauce with a bit of the pasta water.
All topped with copious amounts of grated Grana Padano and some Flat Leaf Parsley and Bob's your uncle.

Dessert later will be the last of the Caramel Cuts topped with Blue Bell Sea Salt Ice Cream :yum:

Lemon and Apricot Cinnamon Chicken. Per the following recipe:

To make a happy jumble of a meal, start with orzo - News - seacoastonline.com - Portsmouth, NH

I substituted b/s chicken thighs for the chicken breast, sliced almonds for the whole almonds (because I didn't have any whole almonds), and dried dill for fresh. Terrible recipe. Just kidding (refer to thread about modifying someone's recipe).

Mrs. T says put it on the repeats list, as she really liked it (she loves dried apricots, and we always have a bag in the pantry for snacks). I may skip the butter, as the fat from the well trimmed chicken thighs should suffice. I copied the recipe, but will rearrange it to make it easier to follow next time.

I picked up fried cod at the grocery store, pre-made crab patties at another, and made coleslaw and seasoned potato wedges. I was a bit heavy-handed with the Season-All...

No idea. We're driving to MI right now to visit DH's parents. We're planning to stop for the night between 9 and 10, so we'll eat somewhere along the way.
Where did you end up eating? Can you plan your return trip by way of a B-Spot? We've eaten at the one in Strongsville twice and no complaints, just compliments. If you're taking the Ohio Turnpike at all, it's not far off the highway.

I picked up fried cod at the grocery store, pre-made crab patties at another, and made coleslaw and seasoned potato wedges. I was a bit heavy-handed with the Season-All...

Where did you end up eating? Can you plan your return trip by way of a B-Spot? We've eaten at the one in Strongsville twice and no complaints, just compliments. If you're taking the Ohio Turnpike at all, it's not far off the highway.
KFC :yum: We were too tired to look for anything better. It rained the entire trip and there were lots of accidents and associated traffic jams all the way up 95.

I would love to try to hit one of Michael Symon's restaurants. Depends on what we decide to do coming back. DH wants to try to do it in one day; I'm not in favor. If we do it in two days, we could plan on stopping for lunch in Cleveland. We'll see. Thanks for the suggestion [emoji2]

Back
Top Bottom