Friday 5/6 Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Somebunny

Executive Chef
ahem.......am I missing something, are we not eating today. Didn't see a thread started. I was so hoping for some inspiration from the rest of you ;) So can you help me out here? What are you cooking/eating tonight?:chef:

My gumbo just made it from the crock pot into my soup cup.

Excuse me while I eat. :mrgreen:

We are having parmesan potatoe sticks, grilled staks, dandelion salad, and green beans with lemon butter sauce and homemade biscuits with butter and honey.
kadesma:)

I needed inspiration earlier, too, but I decided on fish tacos.
I'm going to cube, season and grill some red snapper ( no tilapia :rolleyes: ) and serve it up in hard taco shells with lettuce, cucumber, roasted red peppers and a Mexican white sauce. I might sprinkle a little feta in there, too.

I have some hamburger that needs used so we'll be making it into ...hamburgers! Also some leftover mashed taters that will get made into potato pancakes and salads.

SO didn't want leftovers so we got Take-away Chinese. Sesame chicken for SO and Hunnan Pork for me.

Corn and bacon waffles, over easy eggs and bacon

img_996966_0_f4c66959939c7f03d7ce761a792a1568.jpg

I made taco meat mixture: hamburger, ground sausage, onion, taco seasoning mix, and a can of diced tomatoes with liquid.

I stuffed 3 toasted shells, added shredded cheddar with a dollop of sour cream on top.

The best part is I have lots of taco meat mix left to make into a pot of chili tomorrow.:chef:

Granddaughter is visiting from Florida and she loves scallops. So, pan seared sea scallops and a salad for her. Asparagus for SO and me.

Previously frozen crockpot split pea and ham soup Red grapes. One spear of homegrown asparagus (all we have so far.)

Last edited:
Granddaughter is visiting from Florida and she loves scallops. So, pan seared sea scallops and a salad for her. Asparagus for SO and me.

Asparagus? All you (and SO) had for dinner was asparagus? How did you cook it? I would like to try eating simpler, but I always end up elaborating.

Had absolutely no ambition tonight, so we had hotdogs (uncured turkey dogs from trader joe's) with whole wheat buns and a ginger peanut noodle salad also from trader Joes. The noodle salad was very similar to the cold sesame noodles recipe that I got from this site with the addition of ginger, quite good.

Well I ended up doing baked tortellini with meat sauce. Green salad and garlic cheesy bread sticks. Fresh fruit (pineapple, strawberries and mango) for dessert.

Asparagus? All you (and SO) had for dinner was asparagus? How did you cook it? I would like to try eating simpler, but I always end up elaborating.

Why don't I restate that post.

Granddaughter had scallops and a salad. SO and I had scallops and asparagus.:glare:

As much as I like asparagus, it's not a meal, it's a side.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom