Friday, 6-26-2020, what's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Cornmeal crusted oysters with horsradish cream sauce, and corn and tomato relish.

full

We went over and watered my lawn, front and back, and did some garden weeding while the sprinklers were on. Accidentally got in the way of the hoses a couple times :LOL: Then it got too hot out.

I made a red wine vinaigrette this morning for dinner. Cobb salads, ice tea and watermelon wedges.

Our favourite Mexican resto, Guaca & Molé, is finally open again. We ordered and the food was yummy. DH had some sort of chicken dish. He saw it when he was ordering my choice, chilaquiles con pollo. It was really good, but not as good as in the resto. No surprise. We had Margaritas and beer with supper.

I did a tri tip in the sous vide, and SC had fun with FIRE finishing it on Wilma. He and Wilma have a burning relationship lately, but I watch them from the stair landing to make sure they don't get too hot.
It was done perfectly charred rare and sliced with my chimichurri sauce, along with loaded baked spuds, and steamed and seasoned steamed broccolini.

Last edited:
last night: bone in chicken thighs on grill basted w my secret sauce and a salad.

tonight:
tried take out from a new lebanese restaurant.

but THEN!! Heard this recipe on a podcast. While headed to pick up dinner.

Seared and sauteed peaches in butter - should've been on grill but I made it work on gas range.
brown sugar/butter/honey glaze
vanilla ice cream

was awesome!!

Grocery shopped today with no leftovers in the fridge (gasp!) and I didn't want to get anything take-out. We thoroughly enjoyed fried bologna sandwiches (a real treat for Himself) with tomato, lettuce, Ballpark mustard, on rye bread. I also nuked a couple ears of corn, cut the kernels and mixed them with grape tomatoes and little balls of mozzarella, and a bit of fresh dill. Chocolate chocolate Pepperidge Farm cake for dessert - after midnight, when my birthday was official. :LOL:

Grocery shopped today with no leftovers in the fridge (gasp!) and I didn't want to get anything take-out. We thoroughly enjoyed fried bologna sandwiches (a real treat for Himself) with tomato, lettuce, Ballpark mustard, on rye bread. I also nuked a couple ears of corn, cut the kernels and mixed them with grape tomatoes and little balls of mozzarella, and a bit of fresh dill. Chocolate chocolate Pepperidge Farm cake for dessert - after midnight, when my birthday was official. :LOL:

Happy Birthday, CG.. :)

Ross

Back
Top Bottom