Friday 6th Jan 2012 what's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kezlehan

Senior Cook
Didn't see a thread so thought I'd start one!

Cooking a veg chilli here. Garlic, chestnut mushrooms, chilli, green beans, tomatoes, and quorn pieces. Yes I'm addicted to quorn lately...

It may be cold outside but I have a craving for a nice big juicy burger. Especially since the Red Robin experience earlier this week.

I'm preparing my version of Swiss steak, then we'll have mashed potatoes and corn-on-the-cob that came from our garden last summer. Frozen, of course, but yummy just the same. Iced tea to drink and a selection of Christmas cookies and candies for dessert.

Either leftover Roast Beef, Mashed Potatoes w/Gravy and Broccoli or a Cold Roast Beef Sub or I am running the idea of Spaghetti and Meat Balls through my head. decisions, decisions.

It may be cold outside but I have a craving for a nice big juicy burger. Especially since the Red Robin experience earlier this week.

Do you want my Big Mac recipe?
Two all beef patties, special sauce...
:ROFLMAO:

Burgers sound good.

I was an exceptional day here today. Sunny and 48!
I found some mystery meat in the freezer, started thawing it and realized they were weird shaped country style pork ribs. They look just like thick lamb chops, but since I don't eat lamb chops I knew that couldn't be it. Anyway, I'm undecided how I am cooking them. Either pan fried then braised or grilled somehow. It doesn't really matter because I have a taste for pork no matter how it's cooked.

I'm in the mood for Chinese but since my culinary skills in that cuisine are rather weak, we'll order from the local place around the corner. I really want some sesame chicken!

I just started my dinner. Then set my cell phone's alarm for fifteen minutes so I can go out and peel some spuds after a little sitdown. I went with cooking them inside.

Rotisserie chicken from Costco, green salad (curly lettuce, romaine lettuce, julienned green pepper, thinly sliced red onion) with homemade vinaigrette (Dijon, salt, pureed garlic, tarragon, EVOO, cider vinegar) and whole grain, wheat baguette with EVOO and balsamic vinegar for dipping. Red, box wine. (Red, 'cause it's cold outside) That was quite yummy for a quicky meal.

Pan-fried boneless pork loin chops, stuffing, mixed veggies and gravy

img_1092592_0_e25fd64617942311e09ff1df45dc006c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom