Friday, 7.22.16, what's on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Kept waiting for somebody to start the thread but it's after 8 so... Grilled Italian sausage, plum tomatoes, zucchini, Japanese eggplant with barely drained rigatoni, dressed with olive oil, microplaned garlic, and sliced fresh basil, with a nice big dollop of ricotta cheese stirred in. For those of you that don't like ricotta, you can't tell it's there once it's mixed in with the olive oil, residual pasta water and vege juices, just kind of adds some creaminess.

Last edited:
Trying to keep up with the produce bounty Glenn's son delivered. In view of that, we had baked stuffed zucchini topped with smoked Gouda, finished up the coleslaw from last night and cooled off with iced tea.

I was going to make Alfredo potatoes tonight, but I figured I'd save the Alfredo sauce for the mac and cheese (don't ask).

So instead I have chopped potatoes, onion, basil, parsley flakes, garlic, ham, two cans of cream of potato (because I wanted to get rid of it), and some chicken broth in the crock pot to make a potato ham cheese soup. Well, sure, why not *sarcasm*? It's only going to get up into the 80s next week again (I really have to work on cooking food to fit the season).

Anyway, when the potatoes are tender, I'll add cheese and sour cream. From the look of things, though, I may be eating at midnight. Ah, well.

There is always one little catch to me cooking anything on the fly, though. This time it's I didn't pay any attention to the number of potatoes I had. After I added the 5 potatoes, half an onion, 2 cans of cream of potato, and 3 cups of chicken broth to a 3.5 quart crock pot, things are looking a little crowded. At this point, it's a given that the cheese and sour cream are going to have to be added to the soup when it's in a larger bowl. A much, much, MUCH larger bowl.

Last edited:
I baked a couple of chicken breasts sprinkled with Mural of Flavor in the toaster oven. Also made a green salad with cucumber and a garden tomato. I served the chicken with tzatziki from a couple garden cucumbers. I have one surviving cucumber plant, so hopefully we'll get more.

Attachments

• 1469238586216.jpg
    1469238586216.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 96
We had big salads in my attempt to clean out the fridge, and normal-enough panini with ham and cheese. Himself had Emmentaler cheese and romaine, I had Havarti cheese plus tomato and lettuce.

Attachments

• 2016-07-22 22.34.04.jpg
    2016-07-22 22.34.04.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 96
Yesterday we had pasta tossed with butter and Parm as a side. I cooked an entire 500 gr bag, because I knew I wanted to make a pasta salad. We ate about 1/3 of the cooked pasta, leaving 2/3 for the pasta salad.

Tonight we had pasta salad, fried pork, and a really good sauce. The pork was the third chop in a package of three loin chops that we had earlier in the week. I fried it so any germs on the outside would be killed and thereby extend it's "use by date". Today I sliced it thin and browned the little slices. Then, I fried some minced onion; deglazed the pan with white vermouth; and added cream and sour cream. I also added some parsley, rosemary, and fish sauce. I gave it a taste and deemed that it needed a bit of Worcestershire. That sauce was really, really good, if I do say so myself

Back
Top Bottom