Friday 7/28/2017 What's on the menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
St. Patrick's Day in July here.
I've had a sale priced Corned Beef taking up far too much room in the freezer since Feb. so today's the day. My handy dandy 6qt Nesco Roaster is doing it's thing keeping heat out of the kitchen and later I'll add the veggies and then hike up the heat to make the horseradish gravy in the cookwell.
We seldom have dessert, but tonight it will be strawberry shortcake, to remind us it's summer.

Last edited:
Sliders made with some leftover porchetta from the freezer with caramelized onions and gruyere cheese. Pan fried red potatoes for a side.

It's a blue cheese supper tonight because I'm using up the last of the homemade blue cheese dressing. I'm going to bake a chicken breast and spoon some of the dressing over the chicken. Than I'm going to make some boxed mashed potatoes and instead of using milk, I'm going to use the last of the blue cheese dressing in the potato mix.

I already know the chicken will be good. I'm just not sure how the potatoes are going to turn out.

It's a blue cheese supper tonight because I'm using up the last of the homemade blue cheese dressing. I'm going to bake a chicken breast and spoon some of the dressing over the chicken. Than I'm going to make some boxed mashed potatoes and instead of using milk, I'm going to use the last of the blue cheese dressing in the potato mix.

I already know the chicken will be good. I'm just not sure how the potatoes are going to turn out.

I don't think that's going to work, but that's just me. I'll be interested to hear how it goes RT.

I've had a sale priced Corned Beef taking up far too much room in the freezer since Feb. so today's the day. My handy dandy 6qt Nesco Roaster is doing it's thing keeping heat out of the kitchen and later I'll add the veggies and then hike up the heat to make the horseradish gravy in the cookwell.
We seldom have dessert, but tonight it will be strawberry shortcake, to remind us it's summer.

K, are you going to make fresh corned beef hash with any leftovers?
That's only thing that I find delicious about corned beef. Unfortunately, my mother turned me off to corned beef and cabbage type of supper (her's had so horrid, cooked to DEATH :yuk: ), but the leftovers make me simply giddy!

Happy happy happy camper here! I finally made a stuffed pork chop! I've been wanting to do that since Hector was a Puppy but just never did. While the kids were at home, thick pork chops needed was just not on the budget list. Then later as a duo and/or single, was not adventurous to try to par down recipes for 4 and 6.

Well, tonight was the night... check it out! Was scrumptious! My arm is aching from patting myself on the back.

Attachments

• 20170728_190714.jpg
    20170728_190714.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 113
  • 20170728_190723.jpg
    20170728_190723.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 107
  • 20170728_190914.jpg
    20170728_190914.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 122
  • 20170728_191236.jpg
    20170728_191236.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 115
K, are you going to make fresh corned beef hash with any leftovers?
That's only thing that I find delicious about corned beef. Unfortunately, my mother turned me off to corned beef and cabbage type of supper (her's had so horrid, cooked to DEATH :yuk: ), but the leftovers make me simply giddy!
I love corned beef hash! It's my absolute favorite breakfast in the world and you can't find it anywhere around us. When we traveled west, I ate it everyday for 2 weeks :LOL: probably gained a few lbs too!

Leftover short ribs from last night. I also got some more fresh fruit to snack on tonight.

CD

Happy happy happy camper here! I finally made a stuffed pork chop! I've been wanting to do that since Hector was a Puppy but just never did. While the kids were at home, thick pork chops needed was just not on the budget list. Then later as a duo and/or single, was not adventurous to try to par down recipes for 4 and 6.

Well, tonight was the night... check it out! Was scrumptious! My arm is aching from patting myself on the back.

That looks delicious! Very nice! :yum:

My best friend, who moved to Indiana a couple of years ago, came to Virginia for the weekend to meet with a realtor about selling her townhouse. She came by for a drink and to see some changes in the house (including the beehives) and then she and I went out to dinner. DH was on his own.

We went to a local Italian restaurant and - horrors! - I forgot my cell phone at home, so no pictures! [emoji38]

I had a cup of their award-winning she-crab soup (a local specialty) and an appetizer portion of sautéed Italian sausage, onions and peppers with marinara and fresh mozzarella - no pasta. Really good. I'm going to have to recreate this.

My friend had an apple-gorgonzola salad with candied pecans and added grilled chicken. She enjoyed hers as well. It was a great evening.

Yep, I'll sure be making corned beef hash with the leftovers!! I agree it's the best thing about this dinner, although we like the dinner a lot too. I don't like overcooked anything.

Those stuffed chops look spectacular Dragon! In the meatmarket, My Dad would make them for his display case, complete with my Mom's spectacular dressing. Great memories.

Yep, I'll sure be making corned beef hash with the leftovers!! I agree it's the best thing about this dinner, although we like the dinner a lot too. I don't like overcooked anything.

Those stuffed chops look spectacular Dragon! In the meatmarket, My Dad would make them for his display case, complete with my Mom's spectacular dressing. Great memories.
I would love a recipe for corned beef turned to corned beef hash! Only time I had corned beef from scratch it was horrible! Something surely went wrong and it wasn't on my part, I didn't know how to cook at all at that time. :wacko::angel:

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Now I want Corned Beef. Cooks so quick and perfect in the Instant Pot. No heat and done in 45 Minutes.

ENJOY!

I don't think that's going to work, but that's just me. I'll be interested to hear how it goes RT.

Yeah, it'll be...interesting. I figure I've already used boxed potatoes and added cream in place of milk, and also added sour cream and cheese to them. Since the dressing is liquidy, I'll just cut back on the milk portion of the potatoes.

The dressing is mainly mayonnaise and sour cream with blue cheese grated into it. I grate blue cheese into my cheddar cheese and blue cheese stovie, so I know potatoes with blue cheese taste good. So....I'll let you know.

Back
Top Bottom