Friday April 15th - What's for Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We will be staying home tonight. Supper will be beef stew and biscuits. LOL I just got an image of my dad saying, "Would you like a little biscuit with your butter?" :cool:
I wonder if your dad and min were related:LOL:
kades

I wonder if your dad and min were related:LOL:
kades
LOL I do like my butter! When we have chili I like to have cheapy white bread with a nice thick coating of butter (real butter of course). I have "caught" some of my dad's sayings, so sometimes I tell James I am having a little bread with my butter!

We had a late lunch, so supper will be late as well. It is cooking now. Wow, does the meat look good! I rarely buy stew beef because it is so expensive. They had a boneless roast on sale for at least a dollar a pound less, so I bought that and cut it up when I got ready to make the stew. One of the nicest roasts I have seen (especially for a cheaper cut). :cool:

We had a mega salad with green leaf lettuce, grape tomatoes, sweet onion, black olives, cauliflower florets, celery, and chickpeas, with a Dijon/red wine vinegar/balsamic vinaigrette.

It's a quarter past 19h (7 PM) and I still haven't figured out what to have for supper. I'm on my own tonight. Maybe a hamburger steak smothered in onions. Yeah, that's what I'll have with some steamed broccoli. Don't know if I want to do a carb.
When we have ground beef in the house, there's no doubt about what we'd be cooking. I do not like to keep uncooked ground beef for more than 2 days and the way we freeze raw ground beef does not lend itself to spur of the moment cooking.

LOL I do like my butter! When we have chili I like to have cheapy white bread with a nice thick coating of butter (real butter of course). I have "caught" some of my dad's sayings, so sometimes I tell James I am having a little bread with my butter!

We had a late lunch, so supper will be late as well. It is cooking now. Wow, does the meat look good! I rarely buy stew beef because it is so expensive. They had a boneless roast on sale for at least a dollar a pound less, so I bought that and cut it up when I got ready to make the stew. One of the nicest roasts I have seen (especially for a cheaper cut). :cool:
Do you think beef stew is a better budget stretcher than potroast?

Do you think beef stew is a better budget stretcher than potroast?
I don't know--possibly. I was wondering if anyone was going to ask why I made stew and didn't just do it as a pot roast. I love both, but they each have their own unique flavor (I'm assuming this is largely due to a different amount of surface area being browned), and this time I opted for stew. :cool:

When we have ground beef in the house, there's no doubt about what we'd be cooking. I do not like to keep uncooked ground beef for more than 2 days and the way we freeze raw ground beef does not lend itself to spur of the moment cooking.

So, what do you make with ground beef? Or did you mean that you only have it in the fridge when you have planned something?

I buy my ground beef at Costco, already shaped into patties (it's just plain ground beef) that weigh about a half a pound each, so we can wrap those individually and thaw what we need for whatever.

This was frozen and I just put the frozen patty in a bag in cold water to thaw.

Back
Top Bottom