Friday dinner..3/9/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
Wowzers, that was a good dinner!
I took the idea from MsM about Cod Fish Cakes for dinner tonight and combined some online recipes to come up with a keeper recipe for us. No potatoes were involved, but we had baked spuds for a side along with steamed broccolini.

Was just going to start a Friday dinner thread. :LOL:

I read the cod cake thread, and yes, this sounds really good!

I finally made the Chicken Fried Steak I've been wanting. It was really good - the cube steak was tender. I used Crisco shortening to fry them up. The gravy was delicious...a little thick but when I have leftovers tomorrow I'll thin it out with a little more half and half. :yum:

Attachments

• chicken fried steak.jpg
    chicken fried steak.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 151
Looks good..and, I'll have to try and make some fish cakes soon..

I did up a quick shrimp stir fry on fried noodles....

Attachments

• 28872723_10155216320347401_6780906388538261504_n.jpg
    28872723_10155216320347401_6780906388538261504_n.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 123
001.JPG
[file photo-we've eaten here a few times ;)]

DH gave me a night off from the kitchen and
got us take-out BBQ, MMM!
This joint is just at the end of our community on the highway...
you can smell his smokers when the wind is just right,
drives me nuts sometimes.
We wound up only eating half, so meal #2 for lunch manana :yum:
That's alot of food for $30, I think anyways. DH was perturbed at
the cost, but once I layed out supper, well.
Chocolate/Chocolate Cupcakes for dessert later :yum:

Nice food photos Cheryl, Roch, and K-Girl. We were going to get some smoked ribs from the stand about three towns over, but never did get there this week. Now I really want ribs!

Andy, I hope you guys aren't among the group that was told your power would be out until late Sunday! Don't forget that once you're up and running again, contact cable, etc, for credit on your bills.

I made mac and four cheeses, along with some tomato slices, roasted asparagus for me and steamed Brussels sprouts for Himself. Later, we had servings #7 and 8 from a carton that is now rated for "six servings". I'm so proud of us!

Attachments

• 20180309_215938.jpg
    20180309_215938.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 121
It was 'no cook. Friday but the kids were too tired to go out and wanted to pack a few things for our upcoming move..

I went to the closest FF mill and got burgers.. Got into a conversation with the sweet cashier and while I was waiting for takeout, she presented me with an ice cream cone... LOL.. Didn't have the heart to tell her it would take away my dinner appetite...

So... An ice cream cone was my main course for Friday night out dinner... :ermm: :LOL:

Ross

Chinese takeout from a new place down the other side of the mountain. I'd give it mixed reviews.

The chicken yat gaw mein soup wasn't very good as the noodles were overcooked and the broth boring.

The boneles bbq ribs were very good, but it was a small portion.

The shrimp chow mein was horrible. The veggies were julienned so thin, and the sauce was so thick it was just gooey. It tasted like it came out of a 5 gallon can in a school cafeteria.

Finally, the pork chow fun was good, but again, a small portion.

I'll be trying another new place near it next time. I'm surprised the first one got such good reviews online. The folks up here in the sticks don't know good Chinese takeout.

Last edited:
Chinese takeout from a new place down the other side of the mountain. I'd give it mixed reviews.

The chicken yat gaw mein soup wasn't very good as the noodles were overcooked and the broth boring.

The boneles bbq ribs were very good, but it was a small portion.

The shrimp chow mein was horrible. The veggies were julienned so thin, and the sauce was so thick it was just gooey. It tasted like it came out of a 5 gallon can in a school cafeteria.

Finally, the pork chow fun was good, but again, a small portion.

I'll be trying another new place near it next time. I'm surprised the first one got such good reviews online. The folks up here in the sticks don't know good Chinese takeout.

That is definitely a problem in Missouri too... Springfield, anyway.. :ermm:

Ross

Back
Top Bottom