Friday Dinner 4/24/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I never heard of pinoy pork, Andy, so I googled it up. Interesting, but 7Up? I suppose you can use any lemon/lime pop, right? Puts it right up there with a Coke (or Dr Pepper) pot roast.

I was in no mood to cook supper when I got home from grocery shopping. Once again I got to see the rather uneventful (for me) show known as "your life flashes before your eyes". I came this><close to being the bologna in an SUV sandwich. :ohmy: Since it wasn't my day, Himself did the honors in opening any and all cans needed, and I made a quick pot of chili. Scooped up the last of the juices with a slice of fresh semolina bread, courtesy of Panera's.

:ohmy: Glad you're OK, CG - how scary!!

I spent most of the afternoon with my brother, he walked over for a visit. When he left, I didn't feel like cooking so I had a bowl of jarred tomato soup doctored up with a little shredded mozzarella cheese, and a side of toasted garlic bread. Pretty yummy.

Yeah really, that sounds scary MC. I'm glad you're alright.

We had twice baked potatoes for supper. We were going to have a salad with that, but we had a couple of Margaritas and I used the mixing bowl that I use for salads for the potatoes, so we decided that the potatoes would be good enough.

OK....I'm gonna fry up a chicken leg and wing that I had soaking in buttermilk for 24 hours. I'll dredge the pieces in Dixie Fry dry coating mixed with some Panko bread crumbs. We'll see how it goes. I'll sprinkle some milk into the dry mix so it makes little clumps that will fry up and add concentrated flavor, much like when you fry up fish and chips and have those little fried clumps of batter.

Last edited:
I came this><close to being the bologna in an SUV sandwich. :ohmy:

Ugh, that feeling after a close call...glad you're ok. I did have to lol at the bologna comment.

It's been a weird week. We had a close call, too...neighbor tried to burn us out a few days ago (crispy-dry meadow + idiot with propane weedburner = 50 acres burned). AND we had four earthquakes since yesterday morning. We never have earthquakes. Crazy day @ work for me so DH is making comfort food...hash brown and cheddar omelets.

Bookbrat, you must you must live on the other side of MY idiot neighbor! Jackass builds a large bonfire, then will head to bed without tamping the danged thing down. I can't think of how many times I have kept watch, just making sure the fire is out before we go to bed. We're generally downwind from him and we have a continuous wooded area running through the back yards. We've told him to kill the fire, but you just can't fix stupid. :glare:

... We were going to have a salad with that, but we had a couple of Margaritas and I used the mixing bowl that I use for salads for the potatoes, so we decided that the potatoes would be good enough.
Lime=fruit. Since you're supposed to eat 2-4 servings of fruit, maybe one lime fulfills a fruit requirement?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom