Friday Dinner - 7/27/2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenspeed

Executive Chef
It's National Scotch Day, but in the hot, humid weather we're having here in the Northeast, Scotch just doesn't seem appropriate.

Mussels in fennel, shallots, and cream sauce, served with a crusty baguette, green salad on the side.

Home late..little pizzas on Naan bread..

Attachments

• 37905926_10155526443512401_8482686488364974080_n.jpg
    37905926_10155526443512401_8482686488364974080_n.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 134
IT'S ALOHA FRIDAY!!!

finished-product-oven-kalua-pig.jpg
[file photo] Oven Kalua Pork

kalua pig and cabbage.jpg
[file photo-I haven't put dinner together yet-but we eat this so often]
… made in to Kalua Pig and Cabbage, a local favorite in Hawaii, served over steamed white rice :yum: ONO! (that's delicious in Hawaiian)

For dessert later this evening, homemade Coconut Ice Cream from my new kitchen toy. :chef:

I took the opportunity on a fine clear day to smoke a rack of baby backs for dinner tonight. Also tossed and pasta salads and corn on the cob.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_5305.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_5305.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 119
It is never a good day for Scotch Whiskey to me -- I just never got a taste for it.

I took it easy tonight, and fried some chicken breast, put it on a bun, and ate it with some potato chips. Kind of like Chic-fil-A, but the potatoes don't taste like cardboard, and the sandwich is not overpriced. :rolleyes:

CD

I've been brineing a whole pork loin all day, and cut a hunk off of it for dinner tonight.

Cut that hunk into cubes to marinate for kebobs on the grill with Asian flavors. Served the kebobs with a medley of rice and veggies.

I'm looking forward to slow smoking the rest of the brined loin this weekend.

I got fancy tonight. We had those takes-too-long-to-make garden salads, followed up by sauteed pattypan squash, seared pork tenderloin medallions with a cherry-red wine sauce, and store-bought corn bread. *burp* And I figured out an end-around so that I could use my old phone camera (still haven't set up the new one because I'm spending too danged much time playing with my food! :LOL: )

Attachments

• 20180727_224815.jpg
    20180727_224815.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 123
Will two Scots for dinner work?

My God, we had taco night and the plates was licked clean.

We finished off the chow mein I'd prepared Thursday night..

Finished off the small chocolate pie too.. :yum:
Ross

Attachments

• Mini Chocolate Pie.jpg
    Mini Chocolate Pie.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 118
We had Chicken Pot Pie's from Boston Market - we were in Food Lion and Mom saw them in the freezer section. It was good, but gave me a bit of heartburn.

We had Chicken Pot Pie's from Boston Market - we were in Food Lion and Mom saw them in the freezer section. It was good, but gave me a bit of heartburn.

I thought Food Lion went out of business... hmmmm. They lasted less than a year in the Dallas area. They opened about 20 stores here, and they all failed.

CD

I thought Food Lion went out of business... hmmmm. They lasted less than a year in the Dallas area. They opened about 20 stores here, and they all failed.

CD

We have at least 4 of them here in Elizabeth City - unfortunately.... I feel like we need a Kroger, or a Harris Teeter here.

Back
Top Bottom