Friday dinner, June 15, 2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Small plates tonight.

A caprese salad with pesto. I can't believe I accidentally deleted the photo, it was so pretty.
Cantaloupe with prosciutto
Stuffed criminis
Rosa di mele, which is a dish I saw on a show featuring local restaurants. We intend to eat there at some point, but this looked so good I had to try and copy it. It's caramelized onions, lightly sauteed apple slices, with a gorgonzola sauce in a puff pastry shell. It was great. I served it over lightly dressed arugula.

Attachments

• 2018-06-15 17.43.51.jpg
    2018-06-15 17.43.51.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 127
  • 2018-06-15 17.09.32.jpg
    2018-06-15 17.09.32.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 131
With all my recent travels, the fresh foods in my fridge are mostly ruined, and need to be tossed. I can't go shopping this evening, so I guess I'll graze, and go shopping tomorrow for something fresh to cook for Saturday dinner.

CD

Saturday here and still morning, just a cup of earl gray so far, dinner???? Don't know yet. I've had a request from my son for tomorrow's dinner, smoked chicken and mushroom fettucine .

Russ

Pretty dinner, med.

I had a small BLT salad topped with homemade croutons and ranch dressing, a deviled egg, and watermelon.

Chicken tenders in bacon pesto cream sauce, served over spinach linguine, green salad on the side. I use an applewood smoked bacon, which fills the house with the smoky applewood scent when cooking. I think the original dish that I based this on was a restaurant meal that used prosciutto, but bacon is way better.

I like your Christmas caterpillar, Steve!

Once again Himself rescued me from myself - but at least the sun room is all clean! Chinese take-out tonight. We shared pork fried rice and shrimp-and-cashews. I started with a bowl of won ton soup; Himself had a spring roll. We savored the very last of our Bohea tea. We'll need to swing by Williamsburg to pick up more. Someday...

Attachments

• 20180615_210717.jpg
    20180615_210717.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 120
We had the most extraordinary fish dinner!

I'm a convert of grilled swordfish after tonight. Following the hints from TenSpeed it was just spectacular.
I marinated it briefly in Teriyaki sauce and grilled the 1" steaks 5 min. per side. They were cooked perfectly and the pineapple salsa I put together was the perfect addition. Served the steaks over steamed Jasmine rice, topped with the salsa and asparagus with grilled grape tomatoes on the side. Ohhhhhh YUMMM..

Attachments

• P6150061[1].jpg
    P6150061[1].jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 106
I took some photos of my old friend's 1965 MG this evening, so he bought me dinner. I had a really good fried catfish sandwich, and we shared some cheese fries.

CD

We had omlettes last night. Mom had tomatoes, onions, & cheese with maple bacon on the side. I had brown sugar ham & cheese in mine, with 2 pcs of toast w/strawberry cream cheese spread.

We had pan fried (fresh from store not vacuum sealed) bone in smoked pork chops with baby spinach and arugula sautéed/wilted (with a small bit of all purpose seasoning) in butter and smoked olive oil to pick up chop fond.

Sorry no picture.

Put together a cheese tortellini plate for two..With a saute of cherry toms, zucchini, and parm. Topped with fresh basil..

Sauteed garlic/butter shrimp as the side.

Coconut cake for dessert..

Ross

LOL - get while you can! I ran out and got some more LOBSTERS! Invited another friend over to have more garlic butter with a mop of ciabatta.

This time though I made a small salad, no lettuce, just par-boiled asparagus, halved cherry tomatoes, crumbled feta with a drizzle of basalmic glaze.

Perfection!

We played a couple of games of Yahtzee and I snuck the last frozen Key Lime Cheesecake into her bag as she left!

I didn't lose the pictures this time... just plain forgot to take any!

Back
Top Bottom