Friday in the Kitchen - 8/6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Neighbor Lady supplied the "Crab Cups", and I supplied the Clams and the
Mac 'n Cheese with Stewed tomatoes.....

IMG_6447.jpg

Crab cups.jpg

Last edited:
Pan seared boneless beef rib club steak (hub and I split one) and steamed fresh bi-color corn off the cob.

steak_corn_080621_IMG_8390.jpg

I want those clams lucky!

I used the grill tonight to cook some peppers, onions and sausages for dinner tonight. Also made a batch of my world famous, internationally renowned Ranch Potato Salad. I started eating the salad while the stuff was cooking on the grill.

A91F8EA8-07AF-42E8-8806-A47F2A889290_1_105_c.jpg

9015CAB4-231A-4D06-895C-CC4499328760_1_105_c.jpg

"Neighbor Lady" lucky? Did you just exchange dishes, or is there a little entertaining going on? Nosy minds want to know. [emoji6]

Neighbor up the street was grilling a steak when I left for grocery shopping. Some neighbor on the other side of the street was grilling steak when I got home. Good thing that steak fell into my cart while I was shopping. [emoji38] While it wasn't as good of quality as I get from the butcher, Himself grilled it to perfection. He also finished some half cooked corn and a potato on the grill. Corn was also delicious. I had watermelon instead of a tater. Summer is short.

IMG_20210806_210403233.jpg

I made a salad and put out some sliced, roast chicken, a hard cooked egg in quarters, some chèvre, roasted pumpkin seeds, capers, and ranchoid dressing. We assembled our plates with quantities according to personal preference. It makes a nice meal on a hot summer day.

The salad and the toppings, ready to assemble.

The salad and all the toppings and dressing, ready to assemble.jpg

My plate

Salad with roast chicken, hard cooked egg, chèvre, and ranchoid dressing.jpg

Lovely everyone, simply lovely!

After our "Not quite so healthy, but good for your mental health" lunch today, I grilled some Kirkland brand Atlantic Salmon Fillets, steamed some Broccolini and served it all up with that ever present steamed White Rice
IMG_0751.jpg
(photo is sans the Aloha brand Shoyu & Furikake).
:yum:
DH said that this is one his favorite meals that I serve :wub:
"Local-style fish & rice, ono!"

Ice Cream Cones for dessert later :yum:

*Cook's note: As I was serving up our meals today, I thought to myself,
ya know, my Mom has been a bit on the frail/too skinny side, the few times we were able to visit with her ... I will wager any amount of money that I put a good 10 pounds on her in a matter of months ;)

Sauteed squash and zucchini, 2 eggs scrambled in with it, and 2 pcs toast with blueberry-flavored cream cheese. Watermelon for dessert.

Inspire

These daily meals that are posted always inspire me when I get into a funk about cooking. Whether they be simple or elaborate or leftovers - they are great!

Back
Top Bottom