Friday in the Kitchen... Whazzup ?? 11/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Shrimp Etouffee' over White Rice...

Shrimp Etoufee' 11-12-21.jpg

The rest of my lunch from the mexican restaurant - pork chili smothered shredded beef burritos, rice and beans.

Leftovers tonight. Another chicken thigh, more bulgar pilaf and a veggie to be named later.

We had leftovers. Today I felt competent enough to work the microwave. :ermm::LOL: There was some Thai food, a lamb chop, Greek rice pilaf, a Greek roasted potato, dolmadakia, some store bought kebbe, and a fair amount of Spanish rosé wine. It was a very enjoyable supper. Then, we munched a bunch of tortilla chips and used the leftover Greek spreads / dips for dipping. They went really well with the tortilla chips. Well, all the dips went well with the tortilla chips except the militzanosalata (eggplant dip). We couldn't find a way to like it. I think there was cinnamon in it. That was off putting. I looked it up and cinnamon doesn't seem to be a usual seasoning for this. We had never tasted it before, so we don't know if that's standard. But, the other spreads / dips were good: tzatziki, taramosalata, and skordalia.

Chinese take-out for dinner. Chicken and cashews, sesame chicken, pork fried and white rice, wonton soup and a glass of tomato juice.

chinese_111221_IMG_8912.jpg

Back
Top Bottom