Friday July 1st - dinner anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
babetoo said:
asparagus wrapped in either puff pastry or filo dough are very good also.

I will second that! Last time babe said something about this, I tried it, and it was fantastic. I also like it with bacon. Yum!

Yeah... I think I'll start snapping some asparagus and see how many pieces I might want to wrap tonight. Start getting my bacon up into the danger zone, lol.

I don't know yet but I am off to the local farm stand to get some produce, I don't feel like driving all the way to the farmer's market this afternoon so the closer stand will have to do.
Hopefully they will inspire me with their selection.

So I chopped up 1/3 of a yellow squash, 1/3 of a small zucchini, and 1/2 of a red onion. Saute's them with some olive oil, salt and pepper and tossed that with some rotini pasta, evoo, melted butter, garlic, fresh basil, and grated Parmesan cheese. I added some red pepper flakes to mine.

We had that and a green salad.

Prep work done.
DSC04268.JPG

&
Grilling at it's finist.
DSC04271.JPG

Plated
DSC04277.JPG

Let's see. started the day with a nonfunctioing central air conditioner. Repair man's work report: "A/C not working. Found snake "shorted across contactor and capacitor. Removed (dead) snake and replaced contactor and capacitor.". 2 hours later, the fridge did not seem cold enough after some troubleshooting discovered that the compressor had died. Bought new fridge, which won't arrive till after the holiday weekend. Yep, you're right. The house special tonight is frozen pizza.

Do ya think we could come up with bacon on a roll, like duct tape? :ermm:

Please PM me your address. I want to make sure you get your royalties when I start marketing this. :chef:

What a fantastic idea! Bacon on a roll. Better than Navin Johnson's grab handle. And no one will go cross-eyed! :LOL:

What a fantastic idea! Bacon on a roll. Better than Navin Johnson's grab handle. And no one will go cross-eyed! :LOL:

that was the opti-grab!!! lol.

i was completely burned out today, needed to sleep, and dw was out with the boy late, so i just picked up takeout italian.

i had scungilli fra diavolo and a side of penne:

img_1018613_0_5a707270ebf5487c9e5e9dfd10b6a37c.jpg

img_1018613_1_7d695fbdcb9957754d13ce65b54d21b8.jpg

and i managed to snap a pic of dw's crab encrusted tilapia before it was gone, and another side of penne:

img_1018613_2_d1174709aae467e80a33ff6c8689174e.jpg

img_1018613_3_36e4214e6495f97f51510f4753c32329.jpg

my boy had chicken parm and skettis (no picture). :)

and we shared their homemade bread, which is awesome.

img_1018613_4_eccd2658c4681e72f051a763b2d959c0.jpg

We were guests at the home of some Canadian friends, we had a medley of seafood done on the grill served with brown rice, asparagus and assorted
Other vegetables and garlic bread. Strawberry cheesecake for dessert! After this lovely meal we walked down the Promenade to watch the Canada Day fireworks, very nice show!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom