Friday March 23rd, Happy National Puppy Day! What's in your food bowl?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That looks delicious, K-L.

And lol, I love the title tonight, Casey.

My dinner is leftover chicken piccata with mushroom wild rice, courtesy of the NCAAs.

(The way I know that the Servsafe rule threshhold of 2 hours is nonsense is that I've been eating leftovers from Sports that have way exceeded these numbers, +8 hours or more, and I've never gotten sick, nor has anyone I've ever known that has done the same for the past 30 years)

But it only takes one time, bt. ;) You're like Himself - cast iron stomach. He can eat anything and not even burp. I just make sure his life insurance is paid up...:brows:

... but how much pie can you eat in a day?
Make that a pumpkin pie and I'll get all of my servings of fruit and then some in one day. And then need to widen the doorways. :LOL:

Dover sole fillets were on special at the store, so I got a pound and baked them with Ritz cracker crumbs mixed with Spice House Lake Shore Drive seasoning and a bit of olive oil. Served up with steamed broccoli, French bread, and half a tomato (for color).

Attachments

• 20180323_231547.jpg
    20180323_231547.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 117
But it only takes one time, bt. ;) You're like Himself - cast iron stomach. He can eat anything and not even burp. I just make sure his life insurance is paid up...

Geez, you're just like my wife. You only argue the half of the point that suits you.

Dozens of folks I've worked with have regulary eaten food for the past 3 decades that exceeds the Servsafe threshholds, and NO ONE has ever gotten sick.

Well, whatever. The rest of the world that eats "dangerously" seems to get along OK, too.

Hey, I don't adhere to the 2-hour rule either. :glare: I grew up in a house where Mom put out the roast beef slices, baked ham, deviled eggs, mayonnaised salads, and all sorts of other foods on the dining room table after we would eat our holiday meal around 1:00 PM. That food didn't see the inside of a refrigerator (or the back porch, if the weather was cold) until the last family/friend member had visited and left. We're talking about 9:00 PM. And I live to tell about it! If disobeying the 2-hour rule killed people, I would have been dead 100 times over before I got old enough to drink.

Still, it takes only one time. ;) :LOL: :cool:

Psst, we won't even start talking about how many leftovers in the refrigerator get eaten in lieu of carbon dating the suckers...

LOL.

My dad's special cheese in the fridge (no one else could touch it) could be carbon dated by how many layers of foil and cling wrap were used by the time it was just a nub..

Yes, but I guess to be fair, these were all healthy people. No one with any compromisinhmg health issues.

Anywho, my late night snack was kosher dills, and then an ice cream sandwich.

BT and Rock, years ago, I worked in a Hyatt Regency conference center. When big groups would finish breakfast or lunch buffets, and move onto other rooms for meetings, we would swoop in like vultures. This was back in the days of pagers. I'd get a page, return the call, and hear "breakfast in Ballroom One." -- "Be right their." :LOL:

CD

Back
Top Bottom