Friday Night Dinner - July 6 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Happy Anniversary taxlady!

We had striploin on the bbq tonight. Sides were baked potatoes with all the fixins, sautéed zucchini, mushrooms, peppers, onions and tomatoes and an avocado tomato salad. I'm vegging on the couch with a glass of wine now.

We had rotisserie chicken too! It's our 15th anniversary. We had a pasta salad with that and a leafy salad of arugula, romaine, and snow peas. I used the same homemade vinaigrette in both salads, seasoned with fresh basil, chives, and Italian parsley from the garden. It was accompanied by a lovely Portuguese rosé, Casal Mendes.

IMG_3148.JPG
IMG_3143.JPG

Happy Anniversary to you both Taxy and Stirling :)

Your meal looks wonderful :)

Very colorful, Harry! Looks delicious.

On the other hand, my butt is quite ugly. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

But it's falling-off-the-bone tender and very tasty.

img_1158080_0_9a6ae7d2fec859a8241e07c37800710a.jpg

Actually, it's a thing of beauty! I've got the buns to go with it.

"On the other hand, my butt is quite ugly."

I'm not touching that one with a ten foot pole. :whistling
morning steve,
andy's right your butt is a thing of beauty....mouth's watering:yum:!
praise where praise is due Z,but i am starting to regret how i said it,i mean,look what happened to pf when she mentioned she had a beard.....oh well............

We had rotisserie chicken too! It's our 15th anniversary. We had a pasta salad with that and a leafy salad of arugula, romaine, and snow peas. I used the same homemade vinaigrette in both salads, seasoned with fresh basil, chives, and Italian parsley from the garden. It was accompanied by a lovely Portuguese rosé, Casal Mendes.

IMG_3148.JPG
IMG_3143.JPG
happy anniversary tax,food looks fab:yum:,bigger wine glasses smaller water glasses next time(unless that's a straight vodka;)!)

Help! Favourite griddle pan's knackered!

when i was cooking my viet beef the sugar in the marinade welded itself to my favourite griddle pan.i bought it 10 years ago in ikea for only £10 & it's probably my most used pan & WAS completely non stick til last night!
i've soaked it overnight and got most of the gunge off but just can't shift the rest.
it's been a brilliant pan & it's about all i managed to salvage from my divorce:rolleyes: so i don't want to bin it.
any ideas chaps?

call your ex and hold the pan up to the phone?

that kind of abrasiveness should scour just about anything...

;)

did you know archimedes' wife invented divorce? that's where he got the idea for the screw.

:D

thank you, thank you, i'll be here all week. try the veal.

raining cats & dogs here,... so i thought ...vietnamese "beef" ...:

there's something not right about that. :mellow:

happy anniversary, taxy. nice butt, steve. (good thing i got those two straight). :)

we had takeout last night from 2 different places. not intentionally, at first.

we started out by ordering takeout from a local italian joint. i knew there was going to be a problem right away when the kid on the phone couldn't pronounce several words, one being parmesan. when i asked him to read me the daily specials, he read most of them but just mumbled the words he didn't know. i kinda laughed and asked him what the hell he just said, and he read the specials again, just mumbling the "difficult" words again. i thought he was either kidding or an idiot, so i didn't push the issue and order any specials.

we ordered shrimp marinara, a children's chicken parm, and a scungili fra diavolo, all with sides of spaghetti, all with side salads.

20 minutes later when i pulled into the parking lot, i received a call on my cell phone from the kid stating that they were out of scungilli. i continued to talk to the kid while trying to figure out something else to order as i walked into the restaurant and up to the counter. the kid saw me and put his hand up to gesture that he was on the phone and i would have to wait.

as i stood in front of him just 3 feet away, we continued our conversation on the phone/cell phone about what other seafood specials they had. i even went as far as to tell him that a few of the words were misspelled on the specials board, and that a table by the door was trying to get the attention of a waiter or staff person for something.

he just looked puzzled and never caught on. :wacko:

we hung up, and he finally asked me what i wanted. so, in order to not have to wait another 20 minutes and bring home cold food to my wife and son, i just picked up the shrimp, chicken parm, spaghetti, and a salad and went home. unfortunately, i had to correct the bill since he tried to charge me $8 for a side salad. :glare:

i happened to see the owner/chef on the way out the door and he explained to me that there was something going on with korea beginning whaling operations again, and it's somehow affecting his ability to import conch (scungilli), so he probably won't have it on the menu for a while.

i didn't bother to mention the scungilli that he had working behing the counter. he'll find out soon enough, i'm sure.

so, after i got home, i dropped off the food and ordered an open sliced steak sandwich with frizzled onions and fries from another restaurant up the block.

delays aside, everything was very good and fairly entertaining to boot.

call your ex and hold the pan up to the phone?

that kind of abrasiveness should scour just about anything...

;)

did you know archimedes' wife invented divorce? that's where he got the idea for the screw.

thank you, thank you, i'll be here all week. try the veal.
talk to the pan? oy vey,even hard anodised couldn't take such vitriol:ohmy:!
those greeks eh;)?
i nicknamed her hurricane carole,when she came it was rough & noisy when she left she took half the house..:rolleyes:!
i say i say i say my gardens full of lillies
ow' de you know they're lillies?
'cos lilly's wearin' 'em:ROFLMAO:!
knew i could rely on you bucky...oh veal meat again don't know vere don't know ven(in a marlene dietrich stylee:wacko:!)......

there's something not right about that. :mellow:

happy anniversary, taxy. nice butt, steve. (good thing i got those two straight). :)

we had takeout last night from 2 different places. not intentionally, at first.

we started out by ordering takeout from a local italian joint. i knew there was going to be a problem right away when the kid on the phone couldn't pronounce several words, one being parmesan. when i asked him to read me the daily specials, he read most of them but just mumbled the words he didn't know. i kinda laughed and asked him what the hell he just said, and he read the specials again, just mumbling the "difficult" words again. i thought he was either kidding or an idiot, so i didn't push the issue and order any specials.

we ordered shrimp marinara, a children's chicken parm, and a scungili fra diavolo, all with sides of spaghetti, all with side salads.

20 minutes later when i pulled into the parking lot, i received a call on my cell phone from the kid stating that they were out of scungilli. i continued to talk to the kid while trying to figure out something else to order as i walked into the restaurant and up to the counter. the kid saw me and put his hand up to gesture that he was on the phone and i would have to wait.

as i stood in front of him just 3 feet away, we continued our conversation on the phone/cell phone about what other seafood specials they had. i even went as far as to tell him that a few of the words were misspelled on the specials board, and that a table by the door was trying to get the attention of a waiter or staff person for something.

he just looked puzzled and never caught on. :wacko:

we hung up, and he finally asked me what i wanted. so, in order to not have to wait another 20 minutes and bring home cold food to my wife and son, i just picked up the shrimp, chicken parm, spaghetti, and a salad and went home. unfortunately, i had to correct the bill since he tried to charge me $8 for a side salad. :glare:

i happened to see the owner/chef on the way out the door and he explained to me that there was something going on with korea beginning whaling operations again, and it's somehow affecting his ability to import conch (scungilli), so he probably won't have it on the menu for a while.

i didn't bother to mention the scungilli that he had working behing the counter. he'll find out soon enough, i'm sure.

so, after i got home, i dropped off the food and ordered an open sliced steak sandwich with frizzled onions and fries from another restaurant up the block.

delays aside, everything was very good and fairly entertaining to boot.
:LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO:! priceless bucky,totally priceless mate!
thought it was strange that the meat moved closer to me when i started whistling...........;)!

Back
Top Bottom