Friday Nite Bites June 2nd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
What's on your menu for tonight?

I plan fettuccine Alfredo and tossed salad for SO, GD and me.

Contemplating making egg foo yung. Haven't made it yet, merely contemplating.

DH is coming down with a cold and took the day off, but he's out golfing this afternoon anyway :ROFLMAO: But he doesn't want to go out for dinner with the guys tonight, like they usually do. Not sure yet what dinner will be.

I requested more notice next time he decides not to go out after golf. He suggested pizza - we had that last night. Then he suggested takeout Chinese - not really in the mood. We still have lots of shredded barbecued beef from Sunday; I also have leftover roasted chicken, and thought about quesadillas. We also have lots of veggies I could grill. We'll just don't have a lot of options for takeout, unfortunately. Maybe I'll tell him to stop for hot dogs, buns and chips on the way home :ROFLMAO:

We had fried cod with a tempura batter, with sides of hushpuppies and coleslaw. I made up a tartar sauce for Craig.

Still have a more than ample leftover bunch of smoked pork I made yesterday, so we had more of that on buns. Had some little red potatoes and some fresh veggies that needed to be used and turned them into a more than decent potato salad.

Glenn had asked for cream puffs earlier this week and wanted lemon filling. Again, some things that need to be used, lemons. They became a nice quantity of lemon curd. Mixed some of it with some whipped topping to reduce the lemon intensity and filled the cream puffs. Really, really good. I'll definitely do that again. Glenn loved it.

Jeannie put together quesadilla's today... Chicken/avocado.. I love those.. :yum:

Katie has me craving lemon filled cream puffs...sigh..

Ross

I had a baked cod filet again, with just a sprinkling of lemon pepper. Cucumber, tomato, and red onion salad with Italian dressing, and a slice of toasted and garlic buttered sourdough for sides. Mint chocolate chip ice cream coming up soon. :yum:

Jeannie put together quesadilla's today... Chicken/avocado.. I love those.. :yum:

Katie has me craving lemon filled cream puffs...sigh..

Ross

Chicken avo quesadillas sound wonderful, Ross. I might have to have one of those tomorrow. Got my taste buds going. :)

Should have gone with plan A. We ended up with take-out Thai. The calamari rings were soggy, and the summer rolls had way too much rice. The Tom Kha soup was good though.

BBQing a thin cut steak and a flat grill basket of butterflied colossal shrimp coated in butter and garlic salt, with mesquite chips for smoke. Baked potato, bread and butter and a salad.

The good:

Attachments

• 20170602_212258.jpg
    20170602_212258.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 106
Now for the bad and/or ugly. If you're on a low-carb diet, look away, look away!

Cucumber and Vidalia onion salad, baked beans, Sun Chips, hot dog with Stadium Mustard and dill relish. That's right, Dill relish. ;) And one of the rationed, almost-gone Christmas Ale. *sigh*

Attachments

• 20170602_213731.jpg
    20170602_213731.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 128
I had the hot dogs with mustard and sauerkraut I was planning to have on Memorial Day... that didn't quite work as planned.

Better late than never.

CD

Last edited:
Yum, CG and Steve! :yum: Kay...I love breakfast for dinner now and then.

Casey, good to hear you're back home, and got to have your Memorial Day dinner you had planned, even though it was a bit late. I hope you're feeling better.

Dawg...hope you make those egg foo young soon...they're sooo good. You reminded me to add them back into the rotation, since I have 36 eggs or so. :)

Great sounding dinners, all. :yum:

Last edited:
Egg foo young?! Where?? I now have gluten free soy sauce. Maybe I can try it again!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom