Friday Oct 25, Dinner plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a rib eye steak and green beans. Stirling is at a role playing game and he doesn't like green beans and isn't big on slab-o-beef.

I'm not a fan of "slab-o-beef" myself but I love green beans!

In my place, if I want prawns, I have to tell Ollie to sling his hook and do his own food - he simply won't eat them! (Trouble is, that just makes me feel mean so I hardly ever get to eat prawns!) :LOL:

I'm not a fan of "slab-o-beef" myself but I love green beans!

In my place, if I want prawns, I have to tell Ollie to sling his hook and do his own food - he simply won't eat them! (Trouble is, that just makes me feel mean so I hardly ever get to eat prawns!) :LOL:
Stirling doesn't like arthropods. I know what you mean about feeling mean, so almost never eating it. In my case it's shrimp, langoustines, crab, lobster, crayfish, am I forgetting any of the yummy arthropods?

I think I'm going to make a dish my mom used to make. It's basically a tex-mex shepherds pie. One layer of browned gr. beef or turkey seasoned with a packet of taco seasoning. One layer of frozen corn. Top layer is mashed potato's doctored up with cheddar cheese. A bit unusual but a tasty dish.

Instead of the mashed, cut the corn amount in half, add a can of diced tomatoes to the spiced burger and top with cornbread batter.

I got a call from Shrek, just before I left work, begging for Wendy's, burger, fries and chocolate frosty...that's what we had for dinner.

Here's something you might like, too, CG. It's a nice one pot meal and kind of similar to your bubble and squeak.
Pierogi Skillet Recipe | Taste of Home
Looks interesting, easily doable, and sounded good to Himself. I've saved the link to my "Soon-to-be-Dinners" folder. Not sure how "soon" soon it though!

The Bubble and Squeak was good, but it lacked for beauty. Being of Polish heritage I went a little too heavy on the cabbage. Hmm, patties? I think not! I just did the alternate cooking method, patting it down into the pan and browning nicely, flipping and browning, and flipping onto our plates. Twice. But nothing that looked like a patty...and nothing left for the freezer. Sorry pac :( And Harry, on those photos? Saturday, scout's honor - I hope!

BTW pac, looks like you had grilled romaine with your dinner. Did you do it outside, or did you cook it on the stove? Himself's grilled it a couple times outside but I was thinking of doing on my Lodge griddle this winter. Still looks yummy!

Wendy's chocolate frosty - the best reason to stop! :yum: Ran in yesterday for a 4-count chicken no-gut order because I was starving and almost bought one of those coupon booklets for me! $1 for ten coupons for small frosties? Winner!

Stirling doesn't like arthropods. I know what you mean about feeling mean, so almost never eating it. In my case it's shrimp, langoustines, crab, lobster, crayfish, am I forgetting any of the yummy arthropods?
guess that about covers it tax.unless you are into eating spiders,scorpions & centipedes that is...at least with those boys there's no fighting over who gets a leg.....:ermm::ohmy::LOL:!!

Thanks Harry. Thanks CG. And yes, I grilled the lettuce outside.

worse than babies mate:rolleyes:!!

She's got something going on "down there" :ermm: That's why she's been having to piddle so often. Hopefully these pills I just picked up for her will keep me off of the computer in the wee hours :wacko:

Wow, sounds like when I was in basic training when I joined the RCAF.
That was Wales for you. What the hell they thought we'd get up to if we stayed out after ten I never found out. Bangor, back then, was the last place God made and was completely dead with not a soul on the streets at night. Cafes closed at 6pm and pubs at 10pm and there were no nightclubs.

My family had a holiday caravan (trailer) near Bangor and if I wanted to go and stay there with my parents or grandmother for a weekend in term time I had to produce a letter from my Father (my Father, mark you, not my Mother or Grandmother) asking permission for me to have an exeat! I was 19 in my first year and old enough to be married with a couple of babies!

Male students at our place were not required to live under such stringent rules which we thought very unfair. One girl who got locked out of her hall of residence and was caught sleeping on the floor of a male friend's room (yes, the floor, honestly) got sent down but he didn't even get a telling off.

I don't mind telling you, Bangor was a shock to the system after the fleshpots of Manchester!

Sorry, off topic again

Back
Top Bottom