Friday the 13th dinner - 7/13/2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenspeed

Executive Chef
I went down to the lobster pound and picked up two lobsters and a couple of pounds of steamers. Add a can of Bush's Grillin Beans and some cole slaw for a New England summer dinner.

I'm anticipating lobster prices will be dropping - good for me, bad for the lobstermen. Maine exports 20% of the lobster catch to China. China just slapped a tariff on American lobster, so demand will be dropping. I watched an interview with a 29 year old lobsterman. He catches 50,000 lbs. of lobster per year, so a $0.10 drop in the wholesale price of lobster will reduce his income by $5,000 per year. Hopefully he won't lose his boat.

We had a craving for breakfast for dinner.. Linguisa and omelettes..

Went to bake a chocolate cake and discovered that I only had 3 eggs... :(

welp.. That won't do so I baked the cake and we will have Linguisa sandwiches for dinner..

Ross

Sis invited us to lunch to christen her new Weber electric grill with lamb shish kebab. I also grilled some red peppers and tomatoes. Sis made lyonnaise potatoes, salad and a cake for dessert.

As a result of all that, we don't expect to be very hungry for dinner so will probably just pick at stuff later on.

We had a craving for breakfast for dinner.. Linguisa and omelettes..

Went to bake a chocolate cake and discovered that I only had 3 eggs... :(

welp.. That won't do so I baked the cake and we will have Linguisa sandwiches for dinner..

Ross

Priorities! :LOL::yum:

I just steamed the last of the artichokes I bought a few days ago...will have that with a fresh fruit salad.

Last of the chicken soup and wonton soup from last night.

Linguine w/ clam sauce & shrimp.

39817-albums888-picture7501.jpg
[/IMG]

After I was done at the hospital, Himself drove us over to our beef guy to get a nice steak - boneless NY strip was on special and looked good. Then he figured since the really good Italian bakery was just one block over, we went to get the above lobster tail to share for dessert. However, by the time we got home neither of us were interested in eating, Steak for tomorrow, but tonight I feasted on scrambled eggs with ham and cheese, rye toast, and some grape tomatoes. After not having anything to eat since midnight Wednesday, it tasted gourmet. :yum:

Volunteer Fire Department had a Hamburger/Hot Dog grill tonight in the park. I had a hamburger, baked beans and water. The band was good. Came home early because the mosquitoes were getting bad and I didn't have any bug spray. 'Sides, I don't like walking in the dark by myself.

Glad you had something good to eat tonight CG, with great plans for tomorrow!
The procedure went well?:flowers:

I made a fresh peach cake this afternoon, and since I paid my dues in the kitchen early, we ordered an 1/2 price Hawaiian pizza offer from Domino's...

Peach cake to follow later.

I went down to the lobster pound and picked up two lobsters and a couple of pounds of steamers. Add a can of Bush's Grillin Beans and some cole slaw for a New England summer dinner.

I'm anticipating lobster prices will be dropping - good for me, bad for the lobstermen. Maine exports 20% of the lobster catch to China. China just slapped a tariff on American lobster, so demand will be dropping. I watched an interview with a 29 year old lobsterman. He catches 50,000 lbs. of lobster per year, so a $0.10 drop in the wholesale price of lobster will reduce his income by $5,000 per year. Hopefully he won't lose his boat.

I'm fortunate that my customers are all 1-percenters, and they are doing great.

However, the downside is that I am working seven days a week lately, and don't get to cook as much as I would like during these summer months when fresh fruits and veggies are at their best.

I had a Einstien's bagel at an airport this morning, and some pizza for a late lunch. I was too tired to go out for dinner, so it is just snacks at the hotel tonight. The pizza was actually pretty good. I ate while I worked, so the "dining experience" had room for improvement.

I'm in Sarasota, and hope to finish work early tomorrow, and go eat some tasty fresh fishies. I have a day off at home on Monday, and hope to grill something good. Then back on the road Tuesday.

CD

I really should make fried green tomatoes more often, even though DH won't eat much them - I love them so much! :wub:

He was playing golf last night, so I made the tomatoes and served them with a lemony goat cheese sauce with basil and capers. I also had a caprese salad and some pickled tiny salad shrimp. So good.
0713182118a.jpg

I really should make fried green tomatoes more often, even though DH won't eat much them - I love them so much! :wub:

He was playing golf last night, so I made the tomatoes and served them with a lemony goat cheese sauce with basil and capers. I also had a caprese salad and some pickled tiny salad shrimp. So good.
View attachment 30633

You made me crave fried green tomatoes. I haven't had them in a while.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom