Friday the 13th! Do You Dare Eat Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had an employee quit last week and my daughter came down sick with a cold. Long story short, I worked 12 hours today, came home and opened a can of cream of mushroom soup and made a grilled cheese out of processed slices. Handy stuff to have around, that sliced cheese. It will wait in your fridge for years and be ready to eat whenever you are...

Good looking dinners, S&P and medtran. Everything else sounds good, too, except for Munky's Fuzzy Supper.

A few days ago, a friend of mine posted this recipe for Crockpot Thai Peanut Chicken on Facebook. After I read it for the third time, I realized it was similar to the Chicken Dan-Dan Noodle recipe I cut from a magazine recently. The Dan-Dan called for ground chicken. This recipe calls for breasts. Since the shredded chicken sounded more appealing to me than ground, I modified this recipe a bit. I added a large handful of snow peas (bought for the Dan-Dan), fresh minced garlic and ginger, plus a splat of jarred chili paste. I'll serve it with jasmine rice and have assorted toppings for us to add - things like sliced radishes and scallions, chopped peanuts, crushed red pepper, and pretend cilantro (parsley). It smells so good I can hardly wait until it's done.
That looks good - I'll have to give it a try. Did you make the slow cooker version or the stovetop version? I asked Mr. Google for a dan-dan recipe and this one is from Sunset Magazine:

Chicken Dan-Dan Noodles Recipe - Food.com

I can also see making a pork tenderloin version in the slow cooker and finishing it with stir fried veggies.

tenspeed, that Sunset recipe is the same one sitting on my kitchen work table. I'm probably going to pitch it now, since I really liked the online version. Keep in mind that I DID add the garlic, ginger, and chili sauce called for in the Sunset recipe to the crockpot recipe. It was so easy to make I hope I don't over-make it and end up making us sick of it! :LOL:

Good looking dinners, S&P and medtran. Everything else sounds good, too, except for Munky's Fuzzy Supper.

Everything else sounds good, too, except for Munky's Fuzzy Supper.:ROFLMAO::LOL:

Hey, I read that!:LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Saved all the warm and fuzzy things for later.
Instead I smoke a few Tri-Tips on my stovetop smoker, then finished them up in the rotisserie. So it was sammiches with ajus on the side.

Thanks CG. I'll give it a try. New mom daughter has found that a slow cooker and rice maker are absolute necessities, and this recipe looks right up her alley.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom