Friday the 26th Dinner- 10/26/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I made a batch if Steve's Hungarian goulash soup tonight with a couple of French bread rolls along side.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_5371.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_5371.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 131
Up to my eyeballs in crap to do. I wanted to grill today, since it didn't rain. It's dark now, but still may grill something. Not sure what.

I have never had real Hungarian Goulash. Seems "goulash" has a very broad meaning depending on where you make it. I'm pretty sure my MIL's Oklahoma version was nowhere close to the real thing.

CD

Left over meat loaf for the guys. Cheese cake from the homemade cream cheese. Melted some strawberry jam over some blackberries and strawberries we collected from the backyard.

Glazed carrots from the white/orange/purple carrots from the garden. Mushroom and onion sauce to eat over potatoes or green beans or with corn. The refrigerator is full if anyone is hungry. Help yourself.

Andy, I think that recipe of Steve's is a real keeper, and I also have plans to do it soon. Yumm...

I'm doing a standing roast chicken in the oven, and the sides are mushroom gravy noodles from last night's pork chop dinner, along with SC's glorified salads.
Never again will I roast another whole chicken on her back.

I had leftover Egg Foo Young. Was going to make it night before last, but didn't get around to it until yesterday afternoon. The leftovers warmed up nicely. Love this stuff!

*file photo - too hungry to take a new pic :LOL:

Attachments

• egg foo young.jpg
    egg foo young.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 107
Too tired to make something original today, so I made orange chicken from Lidl. Added Sriracha and sugar snap peas and served it over basmati rice. 1026182043.jpg

Sunny and warm today... dark and pleasant tonight. So, I fired up the gasser, and grilled a half-pound Nolan Ryan prime burger (on sale at Kroger) seasoned with salt, pepper and granulated garlic. Served it on an "everything bagel," with two slices of white American cheese, sliced onions, sliced dill pickles. Spicy dill on the side. No green salad. No dessert.

CD

Attachments

• BBurger10-18.jpg
    BBurger10-18.jpg
    385.6 KB · Views: 111
Honestly, if you have not tried a bagel burger, you need to, especially if you like a really juicy burger... but don't like having the bun turn to wet mush in your hands.

A toasted bagel can stand up to the juiciest burger, and the wettest veggies, and taste great! It soaks everything up, and remains intact, so you don't have scraps of "stuff" all over your plate... face... lap.

CD

Must be on a "melt" kick..

Dreary day so, made tuna melts on toasted ciabatta rolls and cream of celery soup..

Brownies for dessert..

Ross

Must be on a "melt" kick..

Dreary day so, made tuna melts on toasted ciabatta rolls and cream of celery soup..

Brownies for dessert..

Ross

From scratch, or from a box. I don't make desserts, so I live vicariously through yours. :yum:

CD

From scratch, or from a box. I don't make desserts, so I live vicariously through yours. :yum:

CD

While I make them from scratch most often, these were from a box picked up @ Aldi and stored in the pantry for last minute cravings.. Sometimes ya just want to mix, bake and munch.. ;)

Ross

While I make them from scratch most often, these were from a box picked up @ Aldi and stored in the pantry for last minute cravings.. Sometimes ya just want to mix, bake and munch.. ;)

Ross

Okay, I get lazy, too. So, I'll cut you some slack. But, if you have the time, make some good bread pudding, or a NY cheesecake for me to imagine eating. I'll take strawberries or chocolate on my imaginary cheesecake. Bourbon sauce on my bread pudding, please.

CD :yum:

Okay, I get lazy, too. So, I'll cut you some slack. But, if you have the time, make some good bread pudding, or a NY cheesecake for me to imagine eating. I'll take strawberries or chocolate on my imaginary cheesecake. Bourbon sauce on my bread pudding, please.

CD :yum:
I bake bread pudding often.. I keep thick brioche bread in the freezer for that purpose..
I haven't made a bourbon sauce since leaving Cali as, I haven't replenished my liquor supply since moving to MO..
I am not a big fan of cheesecake and have never baked one..
If you like chocolate pie, I could make you crave mine... :LOL:

Ross

I bake bread pudding often.. I keep thick brioche bread in the freezer for that purpose..
I haven't made a bourbon sauce since leaving Cali as, I haven't replenished my liquor supply since moving to MO..
I am not a big fan of cheesecake and have never baked one..
If you like chocolate pie, I could make you crave mine... :LOL:

Ross

I actually do like a good chocolate cream pie. That will be my imaginary dessert tonight. :yum:

CD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom