Friday's Dinner 12/30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Littlechef

Senior Cook
Wow, everyone must be busy today getting ready for tomorrow's New Year's Eve.

Friday is usually pizza night at our house, but since we will order take out tomorrow, we are having soup and grilled cheese sandwiches tonight.

I couldn't find the thread and was just coming to start it and saw you beat me!

I'm making virtini, they are a Lithuanian meat dumpling similar to a pirogi but filled with ground meat (beef) instead of potato or cheeses.

The sides will be steamed cabbage for SO and stewed cabbage for me.

Hot turkey sandwich with the last of the Thanksgiving turkey. A side of green beans and some puckery homemade cranberry sauce.

We're doing Chinese take-out. I thought we'd do it a day early. Chinese restaurants are usually very busy on NYE!

Cooking a goose based cassoulet , regretting that I do not have any Chanterelles to saute for a side dish; accompanied by a red lettuce and young greens with olives, grated baby turnip and red radish salad, dressed with a blue cheese-sour cream dressing. AKA- a heart attack special. Hope a little affordable Froggy table red wine will be an antidote.

Last edited:
I bought some flank steak today I will grill that and make steak salads with home made blue cheese dressing. And serve some lentil and chicken soup.

A couple of cold beers in a frosty mug.....
Tenderized venison steak, in a onion/pepper/dark roux gravy...
Smashed Tators........
Recycled Butter Beans...
Recycled Squash/Onion/Cheese Casserole......
Pear Salad.....
Chocolate Ice Cream........

Doing beef stroganoff tonight. I'll do a nice salad with it and maybe some biscuits too. I'm sort of envious about the chinese take out though.

More leftovers! I swear it's the freakin loaves an fishes thing going on! The more I use my leftovers to make other stuff, I end up with just as many containers in my fridge. 2 more days & I'm chucking them out.

I picked up my dinner on the fly tonight.
I walked through the grocery store and the sugar snap peas caught my eye, then the crimini mushrooms, then a loaf of French bread, then a one rib prime rib roast that I will grill using reverse sear. I already had the shallots and spuds.

I bought some flank steak today I will grill that and make steak salads with home made blue cheese dressing. And serve some lentil and chicken soup.

This is how it turned out.

img_1089587_0_01068142c01be161d0830ab7bfb2830a.jpg

Venison medallions (from my husband's buck this year) in a cabernet sauvignon cream sauce with browned mushrooms and shallots. It was wonderful! Served with potatoes and a salad.

Shrimp in garlic butter with horseradish heavy cocktail sauce, plus the last little bits of tenderloin with blue cheese dressing for dipping.:pig:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom