Friday's Dinner 7/8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Cheddar Shells with Stewed Tomatoes,
Lima's and Pearls...

Cheddar Mack 7-8-22.jpg

Ran by TJ's today and spotted a delicious looking marinated/spatchcocked lemon/rosemary chicken...grabbed it! I'll cook it on the rotisserie. I've prepped red potatoes and rainbow carrots that will be oven roasted. And we'll have a green salad too. Easy-peasy and delicious, I think!

It's Friday and after working all week, I need quick and tasty! So I followed a recipe. I par boiled some Charlotte (small/new) potatoes, and then tossed them in oil with radishes and salted and peppered. Put those in the oven and prepped a very simple salad dressing: Oil (I used my local Rapeseed) but any good oil (Olive) will work. Lemon juice. Finely chopped dill. Finely chopped garlic. (Put all of those in a small jar with a properly fitting lid and shook the hell out of them.) (If you are in a good mood, I highly recommend doing this to music of your choice.)

Get the potatoes and radishes out of the oven. Get a big bowl. Put a mix of salad leaves (and grated carrot, finely chopped vegetables of choice or whatever is available) . Throw the salad dressing in and mix thoroughly. Then top with flaked fish (I used Smoked Mackerel) but use whatever you prefer or have available (trout, salmon, or whatever fish is local).

Anyway, so this recipe uses "roasted" radishes. And unless my radishes are very odd, I cannot see the point of roasting a radish. (The rest of this recipe worked well.)

Zucchini, mushrooms,potatoes pan roasted in goose fat, seasoned with Mrs Dash.
Shrimp grilled with butter and a sprinkle of a homemade Cajun Spice.
20220708_192248.jpg

Hi Katy! (big wave). Been thinking of you and Ollie lately. Hope all is well with you.

I came home from grocery shopping (and other errands) so hungry I could have eaten the trim off the door frame - but I didn't. Instead, I nuked a leftover hot dog and put it in a toasted split top roll and scarfed it down. That gave me the chance to make nice loaded salads for us. That's probably it for me until we have strawberry shortcakes on pound cake slices later. Right now the berries are doing their thang with the sugar.

IMG_20220708_221150111_HDR.jpg

I got another thick t-bone steak, so I removed the bone and reverse seared the meat. I was a bit disappointed in this steak. It tasted great, but there was a lot more fat on this one than on the last one. Also, it wasn't nearly as big as I was expecting. It was a good 2" thick, which is perfect for reverse searing. I did the same thing I did last time. I sliced his portion and seared the cut edges. DH was very happy with his, even though the pieces were a bit red inside. He said the texture was nice and firm and there wasn't that weird flavour of undercooked meat. (I'm not sure what he means, but if it bothers him, it bothers him.) Mine was a lovely medium rare. I served it with some of the blue cheese and garlic compound butter, potato salad, and coleslaw. We have leftovers of the steak which will get used in a salad and or sandwiches. Dessert was strawberries with crème Chantilly.

T-bone steak, potato salad, and coleslaw 1.jpg T-bone steak, potato salad, and coleslaw 2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom