Friday's Dinner - 8/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
(singing)

TAKE ME TO THE MOON
AND
WRAP ME IN YOUR ARMS

SPRINKLE A LITTLE SOYA
AND
I EXCLAIM 'OH BOYa!'

I THINK I'M IN LOVE
'CAUSE
WE GO HAND IN GLOVE​

Planned over lasagna, the last precious piece, purslane and kale, peach. Tortilla baked chips, w/mustard for a snack tonight.

I spent the entire day running around doing errands.
Not having been in our home for, what, more than 4 weeks, I needed supplies!
So on the way home a called in a take-out order to our Asian Bistro we love so much.

take out lunch from W Z Asian Bistro.jpg

and dessert from across the street from them

IMG_1969.jpg

We're set!
Happy Friday y'all!!!

Those don't look like fortune cookies, K-Girl! LOL!

We have leftovers from last night's dining out. I dressed up my chicken breast and loaded potatoes with fresh sweet corn and feezer peas (nuked). Himself has some seafood pie left, but I haven't a clue when he's eating. While I was gone from the house for about a year and a half, he ate his way through a whole bunch of produce.

IMG_20220812_204417844_HDR.jpg

Good looking suppers tonight.

I tried two new recipes. They are both keepers. One was for pasta with zucchini sauce and the other one was a Danish broccoli salad. I used wholewheat penne as the pasta with the zucchini sauce. This is a sauce that uses the pasta water, so it sort of has to be made at the same time as the pasta is cooked. It has lots of fresh herbs. The broccoli salad has bacon, maybe too much bacon. DH called it a bacon salad with broccoli. He was not complaining. ;)

If anyone is interested in either recipe, I will be happy to share them and my notes about them.

Pasta with zucchini sauce and broccoli salad.jpg Penne with zucchini sauce and broccoli salad.jpg

Fried chicken strips, asparagus, Knorr's butter, and herb noodles.

fried_chicken_081222_img_9949-jpg.51985

Granddaughter's birthday., and she picked her favorite Japanese restaurant. Youngest had pork ramen. Next grandson had Bozeman sushi Rolls. I had eel-cucumber sushi with pickled hinger and wasabi. I'm not sure what son and DIL had. Crab rangoons for an appetizer. It was all very yummy.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

After spending the afternoon making cold salads, I wanted to keep it simple for dinner. We had burgers on the grill, along with some of the Rice Salad and Pasta Pesto salad. Yum!

Taxlady, I'm always looking for inspiration in vegetable sauces and rice and pasta salads. Please do share your recipes.

Taxlady, I'm always looking for inspiration in vegetable sauces and rice and pasta salads. Please do share your recipes.
Here's the link to the Pasta with Zucchini Sauce: https://www.nickstellino.com/recipe/pasta-with-zucchini-sauce/ BTW, I don't think the chef actually measured the ingredients or timed how long stuff took. Watch the video to get a better idea of how to do it.

The broccoli salad recipe is in Danish. It has broccoli cut into small florets, red onion cut in half and then sliced thin and toasted pumpkin seeds. There is also a whole bunch of bacon cut into cubes and fried until crisp. The whole thing is tossed with a very basic dressing of mayo, EVOO, cider vinegar, Dijon, and salt & pepper. It is topped with more toasted pumpkin seeds and more crispy bacon cubes.

I just remembered, the original recipe also had raisins and the dressing had some sugar. Neither of those two ingredients appealed to me, so I left them out.

Last edited:
Here's the link to the Pasta with Zucchini Sauce: https://www.nickstellino.com/recipe/pasta-with-zucchini-sauce/ BTW, I don't think the chef actually measured the ingredients or timed how long stuff took. Watch the video to get a better idea of how to do it.

The broccoli salad recipe is in Danish. It has broccoli cut into small florets, red onion cut in half and then sliced thin and toasted pumpkin seeds. There is also a whole bunch of bacon cut into cubes and fried until crisp. The whole thing is tossed with a very basic dressing of mayo, EVOO, cider vinegar, Dijon, and salt & pepper. It is topped with more toasted pumpkin seeds and more crispy bacon cubes.

I just remembered, the original recipe also had raisins and the dressing had some sugar. Neither of those two ingredients appealed to me, so I left them out.

I like Nick Stellino. I enjoyed watching his shows.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom