Friday's Fare 11/5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Shrimp cocktail Appetizer...
Fish Sticks (Wally's Brand - Won't do THAT again)..
Pepper Jack Mac , Diced Tomatoes, Corn with Sweet Pepper.......

Fish Sticks, Jack Cheese & Mac.jpg

One of the best uses for a Costco Rot Chik is chicken pie. We picked up a chicken yesterday when we were shopping and I made the pies tonight.

20EE1043-EE91-4768-8724-DB93B01EC45B_1_105_c.jpg

34B0B3FB-A0DA-461F-B7F1-68A8CE89F0FA_1_105_c.jpg

I bought a puny regular grocery store rot chik for supper. Had to use up Brussels sprouts and mushrooms, mixed them up with bacon, garlic powder, and tarragon. Baked a goodly amount of potato puffs. Stuffed our faces wishing we lived near a Costco.

IMG_20211105_213902526_HDR.jpg

DH ordered pizza, double pepperoni and double cheese. I ordered a steak and mushroom sub. That was pretty good.

I had some leftover grilled chicken, so I used it to make soup. Onion, carrot, celery, garlic, can of diced tomatoes, can of cannellini beans, a quart of homemade chicken stock, salt, pepper and Penzeys Frozen Pizza Seasoning. Nice and warming. I forgot to take a picture.

Okay, I've finely got my burrito meat recipe tweaked to perfection! OMG! We had all-beef burritos with freezer fat-free refried beans and rice cooker Spanish rice. Let's just say there wasn't much conversation during the meal! I have enough for a couple more burritos to put into the freezer. The sauce was so good, I decided we would make them wet burritos. I made some salsa too, to go with store bought chips.

IMG_5760 (2).jpg

Butter, 2 slices pastrami, and a slice of sharp cheddar, with mayo on a very light croissant. Simple, quick, heated in microwave for 40 seconds, tastes great Later, had i bit more leftover lasagna.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Finishing up some stuff in the fridge.
Aubergines (eggplants), minced meat, half a cup of wine, bechamel with white cheese (bit short on the bechamel!)
Moussaka:
Moussaka.jpg

Okay, I've finely got my burrito meat recipe tweaked to perfection! OMG! We had all-beef burritos with freezer fat-free refried beans and rice cooker Spanish rice. Let's just say there wasn't much conversation during the meal! I have enough for a couple more burritos to put into the freezer. The sauce was so good, I decided we would make them wet burritos. I made some salsa too, to go with store bought chips.

View attachment 49733

I'll share my insta-pot shredded beef recipe, in exchange for burrito meat recipe:D.

zseeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Insta-pot shredded beef:

Use inta-pot to brown a 3 lb. chuck roast seasoned with salt and pepper. Once browned on all sides, add 1 chopped onion, 3 cloves minced garlic, 2 tsp. ground cumin, 1 tsp. ground coriander. Put the lid on, and set for medium pressure. Cook for 30 minutes. Release pressure naturally. Remove lid and shred with two forks, mixing broth into the shredded beef. Add 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, and mix well.

This id great in fresh corn tortilla tacos, burritos, enchiladas, and taco salad. Serve with shredded shar cheddar.

Insta-pot shredded beef:

Use inta-pot to brown a 3 lb. chuck roast seasoned with salt and pepper. Once browned on all sides, add 1 chopped onion, 3 cloves minced garlic, 2 tsp. ground cumin, 1 tsp. ground coriander. Put the lid on, and set for medium pressure. Cook for 30 minutes. Release pressure naturally. Remove lid and shred with two forks, mixing broth into the shredded beef. Add 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, and mix well.

This id great in fresh corn tortilla tacos, burritos, enchiladas, and taco salad. Serve with shredded shar cheddar.

Thanks Chief! I don't have an Insta-Pot, just a regular, electric Pressure Cooker with High & Low settings. I'll figure out how to adjust. ;-)

Thanks Chief! I don't have an Insta-Pot, just a regular, electric Pressure Cooker with High & Low settings. I'll figure out how to adjust. ;-)

How funny. I never had an insta pot either. I just used my pressure cooker on the stove top. It has a jiggler with multiple pressure settings. I use the high setting for my shredded beef, and cook for about 30 minutes. I just mentioned the Insta-pot as they seem to be what everyone is using anymore.

Just brown the meat in the PC without the lid on, then follow the remaining directions.

Back
Top Bottom