Friday's Fish Day...2014-10-03

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
Test drove two fish recipes today. One was steelhead trout that had marinated in the fridge for 45 minutes. The rub/marinade was sugar, salt, lime, lemon, and orange zest. The other was oven-fried halibut with a crust of panko, lemon zest, butter, and parm. cheese. The trout was plated on top a salad of arugala, shaved fennel, fennel fronds, Mariposa cheddar, quinoa, parsley, shallot, garlic, orange segments dressed with a lemon-parm-S&P vinaigrette, drizzled with chamomile tea-white balsamic vinegar syrup; the trout was served on a bed of wilted spinach, oven roasted cherry tomatoes and garlic, drizzled with a maple-white balsamic glaze. Both were excellent. I'm stuffed (I didn't eat full portions of anything except the salad). So I'm claiming that for Friday Fish Day's dinner. What is everyone else having?

This afternoon has been a little busy getting some things in order so it'll be a couple of burgers on the grill for us.

�� Canned baked beans, doctored up with fried up sliced hotdogs and diced onions. I added some maple syrup and black pepper.

That actually sounds rather tasty! (Though I wouldn't have added the maple syrup - a good dollop of brown sauce would have gone in there instead!) ;)

And you must have had some kind of carb/starch?

I spent most of the afternoon pressing wine grapes, so when Mrs. K called on the way home from work and asked what the plan was for dinner, I told her I wouldn't have time to cook tonight, and asked if she wouldn't mind stopping off to grab a pizza or something.

Normally it takes her 8 minutes to drive home, so after almost an hour I was beginning to wonder where she was. Just as I was about to call, she pulled in. As it turned out (and much to my delight), she had completely ignored my pizza suggestion and instead showed up with a huge sushi combo platter from a local Japanese place. What a nice surprise! :yum:

That actually sounds rather tasty! (Though I wouldn't have added the maple syrup - a good dollop of brown sauce would have gone in there instead!) ;)

And you must have had some kind of carb/starch?

It was nice! What's brown sauce in the UK? I was thinking about adding brown sugar, a bit of molasses would work too.

I figured the beans were the carbs/starch.

What a nice surprise, Steve! :yum:

Daughter was here getting some homework done, and I felt the need to feed her whether she was hungry or not, because everyone who comes over here gets fed. :LOL: For a scrounge through the freezer and cupboards dinner on the fly, it was pretty good. Meatballs and gravy, lemon pepper pappardelle with butter and peas, sliced tomatoes, and pears.

dw wasn't feeling well, so she didn't want to cook this afternoon. i picked up takeout italian for she and the boy (i wasn't hungry), and now i'm grilling a london broil for myself to make a balboa. i picked up some hot, fresh rolls from the italian/macedonian bakery up the block before, too.

side of polish dills and utz no salt added potato chips.

I had actually planned on fish. I was going to swing by the grocery store that fries the fresh fish you buy at their case after I did my big shop. By the time the time I unpacked the cart and saw how much I had to fit into my refrigerator, I decided we had to finish the rest of the leftovers. We had bits of this and dabs of that, but not enough of any one thing to mention.

Fryday: soft shell crab,walleye,stuffed artichoke w/Gorgonzola, frog legs.Wasabi mayo & cocktail sauce.

img_1391381_0_8d3416dd412606c598b355e4b790ea4f.jpg

Test drove two fish recipes today. One was steelhead trout that had marinated in the fridge for 45 minutes. The rub/marinade was sugar, salt, lime, lemon, and orange zest. The other was oven-fried halibut with a crust of panko, lemon zest, butter, and parm. cheese. The trout was plated on top a salad of arugala, shaved fennel, fennel fronds, Mariposa cheddar, quinoa, parsley, shallot, garlic, orange segments dressed with a lemon-parm-S&P vinaigrette, drizzled with chamomile tea-white balsamic vinegar syrup; the trout was served on a bed of wilted spinach, oven roasted cherry tomatoes and garlic, drizzled with a maple-white balsamic glaze. Both were excellent. I'm stuffed (I didn't eat full portions of anything except the salad). So I'm claiming that for Friday Fish Day's dinner. What is everyone else having?
I made that. The professional photographer makes what I cook look so darned good (and it was EXCELLENT):

Attachments

• steelhead_trout.jpg
    steelhead_trout.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 333

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom