Friday's Food Fight 3/20

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Sam's Monster Beef Franks & Sauerkraut, Mashed Idaho's with Bacon, Mustard Greens......

Beef Franks, Mustard greens.jpg

We're working on it right now. I have DH chopping up the veg for the salad. I'll be making a garlic cream sauce for some store bought, frozen tortellini.

We had six-greens salads with mushrooms, salad olives, mozzarella cheese, and tomatoes, followed up by toasted cheese sandwiches. I added bread-and-butter pickles to my sandwich. :yum:

We're working on it right now. I have DH chopping up the veg for the salad. I'll be making a garlic cream sauce for some store bought, frozen tortellini.

We had the above with pink wine. I made the sauce with pink wine. That sauce is sooooo good, it really kicked that frozen tortellini up a notch. We had grated some parm onto the first servings, but it didn't enhance it at all. What a surprise. The salad was quite yummy too. The sauce was so yummy that DH said to make sure we don't forget about it again. I only remembered it because I had shared on FB about the sauce a year ago and it showed up in my "memories" a day or two ago. That sauce was a recommendation from someone here. Great big thank yous to whoever it was. Ha! I found it. It was CraigC's suggestion here: https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f20/pasta-sauce-with-no-tomatoes-101369.html#post1578577, so thank you Craig.

I would have taken pix, but I forgot my phone upstairs and didn't have the spare spoons for an extra trip upstairs and back.

Last night but it was late

IMG_4347.jpg
IMG_4348.jpg
IMG_4350.jpg

Tonight made some baked chicken, mash potatoes, and sautéed string beans.

Coconut Latkes with cranberry apple sauce and cardamon Marscapone garnish. These went with crispy skin chicken thighs.

36788-albums1123-picture8227-jpg.38919

DD made soup last night - chicken broth, diced tomatoes, baby spinach and cheese tortellini.

Back
Top Bottom