Friday's Kitchen - 6/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Hot today !!
Decided to give the stove a day off........
Deconstructed Italian Hoagie Salad....

Salad, Deconstructed Italian.jpg

Feeling much better today, so I made a supper. Asparagus with prosciutto, lonzo, chèvre, pumpkin seeds, honey, and EVOO and a leafy salad with vinaigrette, and beef tourndos, with the bacon stripped off and cooked separately. There was also leftover rice pilaf from the Greek resto we ordered from earlier in the week.

The asparagus was sautéed in EVOO and then drizzled with lemon juice. I strongly doubt that I will ever boil or steam asparagus again. It's so much nicer sautéed (and probably also grilled or roasted). No more soggy, waterlogged asparagus for me.

Okay, I'm tired of fighting with this forum software, which is letting me upload two files, but only keeps one of them for the post. I'll post the other photo in another comment.

Attachments

• Asparagus with prosciutto, lonzo, chèvre, pumpkin seeds, honey, and EVOO and a leafy salad with .jpg
    Asparagus with prosciutto, lonzo, chèvre, pumpkin seeds, honey, and EVOO and a leafy salad with .jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Feeling much better today, so I made a supper. Asparagus with prosciutto, lonzo, chèvre, pumpkin seeds, honey, and EVOO and a leafy salad with vinaigrette, and beef tourndos, with the bacon stripped off and cooked separately. There was also leftover rice pilaf from the Greek resto we ordered from earlier in the week.

The asparagus was sautéed in EVOO and then drizzled with lemon juice. I strongly doubt that I will ever boil or steam asparagus again. It's so much nicer sautéed (and probably also grilled or roasted). No more soggy, waterlogged asparagus for me.

Okay, I'm tired of fighting with this forum software, which is letting me upload two files, but only keeps one of them for the post. I'll post the other photo in another comment.

Here's the other photo:

Attachments

• Asparagus with prosciutto, lonzo, chèvre, pumpkin seeds, honey, and EVOO and a leafy salad with .jpg
    Asparagus with prosciutto, lonzo, chèvre, pumpkin seeds, honey, and EVOO and a leafy salad with .jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Ate lunch at a place with a bakery and bought baguettes. The market had PEI black mussels, so we got a pound and a half. Sauteed garlic and onion in olive and butter, then added chicken/veg stock, salt, pepper, and parsley.

KxNjdAM.jpg

Glass of Mud House New Zealand sauvignon blanc.

In heaven with my feets hangin' out!

Grilled pink salmon, grilled walleye filets, taco salad, sautéed green beans. It was all yummy. The walleye was cleaned and fileted with my grandsons watching. I need a sharper fillet knife.:LOL:

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of he North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom