Friday's Kitchen Chore 3/27

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Easy Assignment today !

Dogs with Beans 'n Bacon, Chopped Onion and Cheesy Sprouts.... SoS (Salad on Side)

Dogs & beans 3-2020.jpg

We piked up a couple of pieces of fresh fish for tonight's dinner. We got salmon for me and haddock for SO. I'll pan fry my salmon while baking SO's haddock with breadcrumbs and butter. We'll also have mashed potatoes and steamed asparagus. We finished off the carrot cake so I'll probably have some oatmeal raisin cookies for dessert later.

I went foraging for food today ;)
this is the first time that I've been around
people in 15 days!!!
reads as: I ran out of wine, so off I went :LOL:

IMG_5495.jpg
(file photo)

I went to our local green grocer aka Sprouts Farmer's Market,
and they have a wonderful young Man who makes Sushi,
I talked about him before, right?

kara`age.jpg

So tonight will be Sushi, my Quick Cucumber Kim Chee (or kimchi, how ever), and I'll deep fry some Japanese-Style Fried Chicken or Kara`age :yum:

Easy night. Frozen pepperoni pizza and a diet coke. Pizza is made by a local company in a small community mid state. Lots of good quality cheeses.

Last edited:
We had bachelor surprise with some strips of sirloin that I found in the freezer. It was pretty darned good.

We had bowls of shrimp soup and toasted tuna melts.

The shrimp soup recipe is from a quirky tourist-trap restaurant in FL. Back when my SIL and her family lived in Orlando (and Dad would come over from Cape Coral), we'd all drive over to the east coast to eat at "Dixie Crossroads". If I'm remembering right, a cup of their "Original Shrimp Soup" would come with every dinner order. I finally decided to make a small pot of it tonight. Looks like we'll be having this more often now that I found out how quick and easy (and delicious) it is.

IMG_20200327_222004320.jpg

We had bowls of shrimp soup and toasted tuna melts.

The shrimp soup recipe is from a quirky tourist-trap restaurant in FL. Back when my SIL and her family lived in Orlando (and Dad would come over from Cape Coral), we'd all drive over to the east coast to eat at "Dixie Crossroads". If I'm remembering right, a cup of their "Original Shrimp Soup" would come with every dinner order. I finally decided to make a small pot of it tonight. Looks like we'll be having this more often now that I found out how quick and easy (and delicious) it is.

View attachment 40010

Could you share your "small pot" version, please?

We had spaghetti w/meatballs, green salad and garlic/parm ciabatta rolls for dinner..

Dessert was brownies..

Ross

Last night was my FIL's last night in Virginia for the winter. He and DH are driving back to MI now and DH is renting a car to drive back home Monday.

So I made chicken avgolemono soup and a Greek salad for dinner, along with leftover rolls I had baked earlier in the week. Toasting them brings back the yummy crust [emoji39]
20200327_195550.jpg20200327_195556.jpg

This is what we had last night. It was soo good, thought I would share the recipe with you all. DH is not too fond of fish, but even he enjoyed it. Cheese, you know. lol

Salmon Fettuccine

8 oz. uncooked fettuccine
1 1/2 TB butter
1 1/2 TB all purpose flour
2 cups half and half
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 tsp dry sherry
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp white pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
2 TB butter
1/2 lb salmon fillet, cut into 2" pieces

Cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain and set aside

Melt 1 1/2 TB butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat; add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add half and half; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Stir in cheese, sherry, salt and pepper. Keep warm.

Saute garlic in 2 TB butter in large skillet. Add salmon; cook until fish begins to flake.
Add sauce and fettuccine, tossing gently. Cook over low heat just until heated. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.

Source: Southern Living - Nov. 1990

Could you share your "small pot" version, please?...
All I did was halve the Original Shrimp Soup recipe on "Dixie Crossroads" website. Here's what I used:

1 cup diced potatoes
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 quart water
1 tablespoon of chicken bouillon or shrimp bouillon (I used 1 tablespoon of Better Than Bouillon Lobster)
1/2 pound shrimp (I used defrosted)
1/2 tablespoon corn starch

Bring water, chopped veggies, and bouillon to a boil. Simmer until veggies are tender. Add shrimp and return to boil. Blend corn starch with water, add to soup pot, and simmer until it thickens a bit. Enjoy!

All I did was halve the Original Shrimp Soup recipe on "Dixie Crossroads" website. Here's what I used:

1 cup diced potatoes
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 quart water
1 tablespoon of chicken bouillon or shrimp bouillon (I used 1 tablespoon of Better Than Bouillon Lobster)
1/2 pound shrimp (I used defrosted)
1/2 tablespoon corn starch

Bring water, chopped veggies, and bouillon to a boil. Simmer until veggies are tender. Add shrimp and return to boil. Blend corn starch with water, add to soup pot, and simmer until it thickens a bit. Enjoy!

Thank you.. I saw 5 shrimp soups but not one called Original Shrimp Soup..

Jeannie should enjoy this one.. :)

Ross

Back
Top Bottom