Friday's Menu - 6/10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Buffalo Shrimps, Peppered Rice,
Roasted Asparagus spears...

Shrimp, Buffalo - Roasted Asparagus -Peppered Rice.jpg

We're having baked Halibut with Carrots and cream, baked potato and a chopped salad. Earlier, I made a batch of Cherry Garcia Ice Cream and it is in the freezer now. We'll likely enjoy a bit of that for dessert. I haven't made Cherry Garcia for some years, I need to make note to leave the chocolate in chunks, instead of shaving it...

IMG_6540 (2).jpg

You're a tough act to follow, Ginny, what with that beautiful bowl of ice cream. [emoji1]

I pulled the last little (8 oz) ham steak from the freezer for tonight. We shared that and had steamed broccoli, green beans, and nuked Russet potatoes with butter and "sour cream" ( shh, don't tell Himself it's really Greek yogurt). I added some fresh snipped chives from my front porch steps garden to it. I don't usually use dairy on my baked potato, but I made an exception today.

Well it ain't ice cream, but it was still tasty!
IMG_20220610_203339738.jpg

Subs tonight. Sausage and meatball with provolone along with chips and Thai pickled cucumbers.

IMG_0138.jpg

I'm on my own tonight. I had a salami, cheese, and lettuce sandwich on toasted wholewheat miche (rustic round bread loaf). I also finished off the last of the rice salad.

...potatoes with butter and "sour cream" (shh, don't tell Himself it's really Greek yogurt)...
After supper, Himself asked me what was in the sour cream for the potatoes because it was "really tasty". I told him salt, pepper, and chives...and then 'fessed up that it was really Greek yogurt. He was surprised, then said that he actually liked it better than sour cream. I can teach my old dog new tricks!

Back
Top Bottom