Friday's Menu - 7/30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Shrimp Creole over Rice...........
....... Will save the lefty Creole Sauce and try it over Spaghetti on Pasta Night !

Shrimp Creole - 7-30-21.jpg

The cover of my current issue of Midwest Living tells me "It's not summer until you BLT"...so we did! Sides were corn off the cob, cheddar-sour cream potato chips, and a forgotten in the fruit drawer avocado.
IMG_20210730_214030715.jpg

I had a ham and cheese on wholewheat toast. Then later I had hard cooked egg on two slices of Wasa crisp rye bread.

Today I made a sambar, with 2 kinds of dal, and a bunch of okra, to use up all I had in a ziploc bag. I also used 2 small eggplants I just harvested. I also used up some tomatoes - ones I had to cut bad spots out of. I didn't eat much of it - I'm sharing it with some friends tomorrow. I also made a cucumber onion pachadi - something sort of like a raita, but more added to it, which I've made other versions of before. I have a bunch of cukes to use up, so I tried it, and it was really good. I ate all of that, I liked it so much, so I'll make a bunch more, for them. Cutting the items up took longer than it took to cook it.
A sambar, with 2 dals, plus okra and a couple of small eggplants. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Onions, ginger, and cucumbers, cooked briefly, and cooling, with tarka added afterwards. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Cucumber onion pachadi, after adding the yogurt to the cooked and cooled mix. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Back
Top Bottom