Friday's Plate - 1/3/2020

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Burger under Mushroom Gravy, Cheddar Mash, Buttered Corn, Leftie Concord Beets, Macaroni Salad...

IMG_2576.jpg

The Grands are here for the weekend. For supper we had Dinosaur shaped chicken tenders, carrot sticks and broccoli trees, all with ranch dip, apple slices, chocolate milk and a chocolate chip cookie. Dinner was easy and the kids gobbled up what was on their plates.

Whiska, that sounds a lot like a Mickey D's kinda supper. ;) Himself wants to know if you set the broccoli up like a forest so the dinosaurs could run through the woods...

We made our annual pilgrimage to West Side Market today, so we ate at New Orleans north, AKA Bourbon Street Barrel Room. I had a small bowl of gumbo and about 1/3 of my muffaletta sandwich. I did eat all five of my very good hush puppies, though. :yum: Himself had an appetizer portion of jambalaya, and an andouille sausage po'boy with the same yummy hush puppies. Goober tagged along. He was happy with just his muffaletta and skinny fries. A round of drinks may have happened...
IMG_20200103_191551567.jpg

I was feeling "off" and not very hungry, so I had toast and cheese. Stirling had the last of the German sausage and potato soup and a half a huge baked potato. Later on my appetite came back, so I tried a new to me recipe, Crispy smashed potatoes. I will definitely be making that again.

Had a fun dinner... Fried tortilla hot dogs.. Fun and delicious.. :ohmy:

I follow a Mexican cooking FB page and often see someone remembering a childhood favorite.. Welp, I'm in my 3rd or 4th childhood so, we had them for dinner.. ;)

Left over chili with beans and corn chips were the sides.. We will repeat this dinner when a hot dog craving hits me..

Ice cream was dessert..

Ross

We had subs yesterday. Moms as ham and cheese with mayonnaise, lettuce, tomatoes, and onions. Mine was chicken bacon ranch with ranch dressing and honey mustard.

A friend of ours took my daughters to dinner last night before my oldest went back to college. So my wife and I decided to have dinner at the local brewery. The first picture is the gnocchi pancetta squash appetizer. The other one is a beer sampler that we shared. She had some sort of Vietnamese sandwich. I had a prime rib sandwich. Everything was very good.

IMG_2005.jpgIMG_2006.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom