Funeral Food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
Our friend's memorial service is tomorrow afternoon, and everyone will be gathering at the house afterward.
There are always so many sweets and meat trays at these things, I thought I'd take a 7 layer salad. I bought a big package of iceberg salad mix, and have a smaller one of Italian mix.
To go with I have:
broccoli, cauliflower, brocciflower, red & green sweet pepper, frozen peas, crumbled blue cheese, a little sweet onion, cooked crumbled bacon, white cheddar cheese, and grape tomatoes.
What you do is layer everything except the last three ingredients, then cover the top with mayo or Miricle Whip, being sure to seal all the edges. This keeps the air out and lets the flavors meld. Cover with foil and put in the fridge overnight. The next morning, sprinkle on the grated cheddar, crumbled bacon, and garnish with grape tomatoes.

Connie,
your salad will be just the thing..Everyone will welcome it I'm sure. Prayers for your friend..Will be thinking of you tomorrow.

kadesma

Hi Constance. I agree with everyone. Your salad is the kicker for sure. I love 7 layer salads. No matter what goes inside to create the 7 layers. Yours sounds wonderful. I am sorry too for this tragedy but you and the others will prevail. Hats off to you dear one.

Back
Top Bottom