Giada De Laurentiis - Everyday Italian

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roni1116

Assistant Cook
Giada De Laurentiis – Everyday Italian

This past Tuesday Giada was at William Sonoma (Philadelphia) for a book signing. I absolutely love her and her cookbook. On Saturday and Sunday afternoons (12pm) it is my favorite show on the Food Network Channel.

My wait during the book signing was literally three hours, however it was really worth the wait. Giada was very beautiful inside and out. She told me her mother and I have the same first name (Veronica). Giada was very gracious and took a picture with me.

That is great! I love her food. Everything I have made from her has turned out to be a real winner! She seems like she would be a very nice person. I am glad that you found out she really is that way :)

Roni you are one lucky duck! What a wonderful person to meet! I love her cooking style, and she seems to be one of those naturally hospitable (and beautiful) people.

Giada is my favorite FoodTV chef too! How cool that you got to talk with her. =)

I have the best luck with her recipes as well. She is spot-on for my way of cooking most of the time.

:heart:
Z

I love that cookbook and have made a couple of recipes from it. How very nice that you got to meet Giada. I watch her show everytime I get the chance.

6.gif

I agree RRH. I have made that Orecchiette with Toasted Breadcrumbs dish and it was a huge success. While watching her prepare it though, like you said, it never would have occurred to me.

i can't take her show seriously anymore. Call me childish, but....

everytime i look at her i just see her huge, oversized head and her large man hands. sometimes i get hypnotized.

Mylegsbig said:
everytime i look at her i just see her huge, oversized head
LOL yeah I know what you mean. In my house we call her bighead :-p She is a very talented cook IMO though.

Good for you roni!!!!! I'd love to have her come close for a book signing! I love her and I love her program. She has passion!!

yeah, we call her Little Bighead. she is a great cook. but its difficult for me to look at her for too long. she creeps me out!

Mylegsbig said:
i can't take her show seriously anymore. Call me childish, but....

everytime i look at her i just see her huge, oversized head and her large man hands. sometimes i get hypnotized.

Talk about oversized....that mouth, WOW!

Just a reminder - this is how it started over at Food TV then it got more and more out of hand. Most of you will probably remember that when Food TV went down I did not allow the bashing over here that went on there. Please keep in mind that this is a human being we are talking about with feelings and there is no need to put her down in any way. None of us have any control over our features - if we did we would all look like Christy Brinkley and George Clooney (you know what I mean :mrgreen:)

Thanks. :flowers:

kitchenelf said:
Just a reminder - this is how it started over at Food TV then it got more and more out of hand. Most of you will probably remember that when Food TV went down I did not allow the bashing over here that went on there. Please keep in mind that this is a human being we are talking about with feelings and there is no need to put her down in any way.
I want to echo Kitchenelf's comments. We have the friendliest foodie forum anywhere! Lets keep it that way and not bash the folks at FTV or anyone else. :)

kitchenelf said:
Just a reminder - this is how it started over at Food TV then it got more and more out of hand. Most of you will probably remember that when Food TV went down I did not allow the bashing over here that went on there. Please keep in mind that this is a human being we are talking about with feelings and there is no need to put her down in any way. None of us have any control over our features - if we did we would all look like Christy Brinkley and George Clooney (you know what I mean :mrgreen:)

Thanks. :flowers:

Maybe not Christy Brinkly but I'd love to look like Angelina Jolie. :LOL:

Last edited:
This is not bashing, but has anyone else noticed lots of unusually prolonged shots of Giada washing her hands, the cooking surfaces, etc? Given her family background, maybe it's intentional. As in, an artistic statement: cooking cleanses the soul. Or not.

Seriously, each chef has idiosycracies and many of the shows can be exasperating to watch but the shows and the comprehensive website, they are giving away the contents of literally tens of thousands of dollars of cookbooks for free. Now I doubt this is an act of pure altruism, but it is still very much appreciated.

By contrast, if you go to the site of Daisy Martinez as one example, she gives out only a few recipes, wanting people to buy her book:

http://www.daisycooks.com/pages/recipes_main.cfm

Last edited:
Just my unsolicited, unqualified and unnecessary opinion but I think Giada is MUCH more attractive than Angelina Jolie. Just me though! :-p

Her show is the best directed and edited show on the Food Network. Just look at the clean cuts and edits.
And of course she is a pure talent. In that she gives you all of the details of the ingrediants and why they are there.
The best show on the Food Network!
Close second is Food 911 and all of Bobby Flays BBQ shows.
Emeril sucks! He is such a ham and he doesn't cook so you can do it at home anyway. It's just a show. And is lousy.

Pete said:
Emeril sucks! He is such a ham and he doesn't cook so you can do it at home anyway. It's just a show. And is lousy.

The circus atmosphere is real annoying, but I've made a few of his Cajun/Creole recipes and they're all great. Before Emeril, the closest I ever came to that cuisine was Popeye's fried chicken and Zatarain's. OTOH, his forays into Italian cooking must make Batali cringe.

Back
Top Bottom