Good Friday, dinner anyone? 4/6/7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
It's Good Friday. Is anyone cooking tonight? I will be but so far don't know what it'll be.

Anyone celebrating this special day, two days before Easter, have a wonderful day.

My daughter and her bottomless pit boyfriend are here for the weekend.So tonight it's baked ziti,salad ,garlic bread and even though it's Good Friday I'm defrosting some sausage and meatballs that I had in the freezer- I want to make sure that there is enough to fill the boy!!!!I think I'll make an oreo cake for dessert-Please enjoy whatever your having for dinner !!!Love and energy, Vicki

Think I will be making bacon cheese burgers on the grill, fries, deep fried mushrooms, and spaghetti salad.

Last edited:
I'm making a traditional Easter pie with salami, pepperoni, ham, ricotta, basket cheese and provolone.

And bourbon...a fair amount of bourbon.

Fish tonight:) Shrimp marsala, over rice, iceberg wedges with thousand island for DH and blue cheese for me, the others can decide, fried eggplant, and banana pudding for dessert.

kadesma

Tonight is shriimp quesadilla's with guacamole, salsa and sour creme.
Pan fried striped bass (rock fish in this neck of the woods), roasted potatoes and steamed broccoli:)

Wow, I'm stopping by ALL of your houses tonight for a taste of EVERYTHING!

Although I adore egg noodles, I vote for the rice with the curry, YT. Seems right-er.

Lee

Cooking for the homeless tonight at a church. I'm making meatloaf (for 50 people) mashed potatoes, greenbeans, salad, and baked apples with vanilla ice cream for dessert.

Bellinis! (or should that be just Bellini???) and a salad of gorganzola, pear and walnuts. Its really warm here today and I feel summery :)

jabbur said:
Cooking for the homeless tonight at a church. I'm making meatloaf (for 50 people) mashed potatoes, greenbeans, salad, and baked apples with vanilla ice cream for dessert.

That's a really nice idea. I'll have to seek out something like that in the future, preferably when my schedule isn't as hectic as it is right now. Doesn't it always feel great to help someone like that? And I think they'll like it a lot!

We're excited! We ordered live crawfish from Louisiana and it just arrived by FedEx...SO we're having a good old-fashioned crawfish boil just for the 2 of us tonight. :ROFLMAO:

Smelt!!!! Tiny little breaded and deep fried fishies.

Not as good as when you go smelt dipping and catch them, but still yummy! Think of it as fish and chips with fish the same size as the chips!!

John

ronjohn55 said:
Smelt!!!! Tiny little breaded and deep fried fishies...

I knew it had to be spring when I saw the sign go up down the street for the first smelt fry on the 25th ...

Enjoy ronjohn!

today is beauty parlor day and I think I will ge to the market after I am done. The deli department has so many interesting foods to take out and I think I will get a lot to keep in the refrigerator.

finally decided on beef vegetable soup, that I had pulled out of the freezer a few days ago to eat sometime during this cold snap,

and NY Times bread

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom