Halloween dinner - 10/31/16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds good, tenspeed. :yum:

I had a chili dog topped with cheese and onions around 2 this afternoon...yikes. It sounded good at the time. No wonder I only have one about once a year. :huh::)

Our tradition, since our grandson started coming over of Halloween, we've started a tradition of having American Chop Suey for dinner.

I had to laugh. Made ribs yesterday. Plenty of leftovers ( I thought). Burped the Tupperware today, and lo, 2 ribs left. I guess Dx liked dinner and I did say, take some leftovers. She's not a big rib eater usually, but she must have liked these. I'm supplementing dinner with green beans and Snickers.

Conch fritters and maduros. We had a plantain that wasn't quite ripe when we had the ropa vieja but it certainly was tonight.

Dinner was a little of this, a little of that. I had some leftover mushroom curry I made for a work potluck last Friday. I also nibbled on some cheese and a few handfuls of roasted cashews.

It was really more fridge grazing than an actual meal. :pig:

Sous Chef is making his delicious Egg Foo Yung so I have a night out of the kitchen!! Woo Hoo.

We'll be having TJ's shrimp toast with it.

It hit the spot, and he's got it down pat!! :yum::wub:

img_1485848_0_c8e094c055367643eb63831ac3c13583.jpg

Looks delicious, Kay and SC! I just made Egg Foo Yung a few nights ago. :yum: I love it and need to remember to keep it in the rotation a little more often.

I got caught up with running errands and carving my pumpkin today, and completely forgot to do anything about dinner, so DH suggested pizza :wub: Hit the spot, and easy to eat while jumping up to give out candy.

Attachments

• 1477971698405.jpg
    1477971698405.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 157
Stopped at our favorite diner in southwest CT for supper. Himself and I split a BBQ rib dinner which included soup and salad, choice of potato (baked) and veggie (California mix), and beverage. I ordered a bowl of chicken barley soup, ate the salad and one rib, and had a little bit each of tater and veggies. Dinner for two, with tax, was 17.76. How patriotic!

Since we are part Scottish as born husband was born and lived in Scotland for over 40 years and we are in Sweden, I refuse to do American tradition brought here by the big companies. Yes, I am the Grinch that stole Halloween in Sweden. ;)

How ever my dear daughter usually calls her grandparents over skype and goes guising, which includes to dress up and do some for of entertainment and then she get the candy they sent over. This year they weren't home, very sad kiddo but she got the candy.

So what did we have for dinner?

A lovely short loin steak with parsley butter, roasted potatoes and salad, a friend gave us this for dinner because we might not be able to meet up next weekend for memorial dinner ( yes All Hallow day is next Saturday for us).

Back
Top Bottom