Halloween Dinner - 10/31

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Steak and mushrooms, maybe with some spinach or green beans. Or a salad. I just remembered I bought some luttuce the other day.

marinating chicken breasts in hot wing sauce ..
will grill them then slice up and put
on hoagie rolls with onions and ranch dressing ..
then a little pepper jack and back on the grill for a couple mins ...
cant wait ..

Nothing so ghoulish:angel:...but that doesn't mean we won't be getting up to no good at some point. My sister is visiting from Florida.

Italian sausage with sweet vinegar peppers

Jerk beef empanadas

Gruyere on pumpernickle with caramelized cippolini onions

Blended cheese (pumpkin & mascarpone) with chestnuts on brioche points

Swiss with candied cranberries

Philly pretzels

Tequila Manhattans:kiss:

"Bless me Father, for I have sinned. I have coveted my fellow DC'ers dinner menu."

How in heaven's name does she do this on a daily basis? I don't know what more than 50% of her menu IS, much less how to pronounce it.

We're having sausage pizza with my homemade pizza dough, and I feel so inferior... Oh, woe is me.

Joseph the Crushed

so far it's been candy. Waiting for trick or treat to be over so I can blow out the candles, shut off the spooky music and make something to eat!

I just grilled some brats. we passed out treats (such as it was, we only had like 30 kids) and now I am enjoying a glass of wine - I may have some Halloween candy since I have alot left over.

Kids never come here, and we ended up not going to church to watch the kids "trunk-or-treat," so I decided it didn't have to be something quick. I am late getting it done, but I have been dying for chop suey, so I am making that tonight. I know (from the threads that have been dedicated to it!) that chop suey means something different to everyone. Mine is stew beef, onions, celery, mushrooms; meat browned, then all simmered in water just to cover, then I add molasses and soy sauce. I thicken it just a little with corn starch, then serve it over rice. It is one of my top ten favorite foods. :cool:

:)Barbara

Black bean and brown rice burritos with melted extra sharp cheddar. Shredded lettuce, chopped onion, chopped tomatoes, and salsa on the side.

I made lima bean soup in the crockpot. Dh had leftover cream cheese chicken over noodles. He hates lima beans. lol

Barb

Too full to eat dinner. Went to lunch with a friend and had a chopped salad, portobello stuffed ravioli with bechamel sauce. We shared spinach artichoke dip with pita bread triangles/chips. Dinner was coconut cream pie yogurt.

Yea, me too Amy. We went out for lunch and had tacos and enchiladas at some fresh-mex place. Not bad, not that great either..... but I got full none the less!

I had Chilean Sea Bass (aka patagonian toothfish) marinated in soy/ginger/garlic for 7 hours and then broiled until crisp around the edges and dark brown on top. Served on a bed of greens in the marinade sauce reduction.

I had Chilean Sea Bass (aka patagonian toothfish) marinated in soy/ginger/garlic for 7 hours and then broiled until crisp around the edges and dark brown on top. Served on a bed of greens in the marinade sauce reduction.

That sounds good!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom