Happy Birthday To The 50th State ~ Are You Making a Luau 8/21/18?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
casey, yes you can send canned meat to Sweden. We had that checked up a few years ago and all you have to do, is a normal gift parcel, yes as a gift and it not harder then sending socks.

A friend of mine sent jello and canned crocodile chili to me.

Taylor chili... (sorry, CP, it's an inside joke. Work with me, and we'll get him to send you some, as he promised...)

:ninja:

:evil:

Last edited:
CakePoet, I am tempted to send you a few tins... but then I think about the paperwork involved. I'd have to fill out all kinds of forms, and I have no idea whether I can actually send canned meat to you in Sweden.

SPAM is worth trying, just to say you did it. If you do get your hands on some, go simple, like a few of us have suggested. You really do want to cook it like sausage, where you get a nice, brown crust on the outside, while maintaining a moist, tender inside.

CD

Taylor chili... (sorry, CP, it's an inside joke. Work with me, and we'll get him to send you some, as he promised...)

:ninja:

:evil:

You are correct Sir!
:whistling

I wish I could send people some Falukorv, it is a sausage, so not tinned and we use it for most thing instead of meat. And yes some one has even done a falukorv masubi.

Falukorv means sausage from Falun, which was a big mining town and mines need rope and the best is made from ox skin and when you have a lot of dead oxen , you make sausage. I think it contains pork and beef these days.

You should try corned beef in a tin. The islanders they say are too big from eating this stuff. We export a lot to the islands, being samoa and Tonga.

Russ

I have tried corn beef in a tin, we got a survivor pack from a friend it had 4 tins, I even tried a burger recipe. That was interesting, my exhusband loved it and he thought that was yummier then my normal burgers. Yes, he was man who preferred
canned food over fresh.

Back
Top Bottom