Happy Thanksgiving!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Hello fellow Canucks! Happy Thanksgiving! Whats on the menu for you today (or tomorrow)?

Today we are being traditional in our house.

Turkey, stuffing, taters (mashed and oven roasted), green bean casserole, steamed yellow beans, Joe's coleslaw, apple pie, pumpkin pie and a chocolate tart with whipped cream.

happy thanksgiving sweetie and canada!! i am having chicken and some of my thanksgiving fixin's because of all this turkey day talk!! LOL i can't wait for ours.

I'm cooking all day today. Pumpkin pie just out of the oven, will be roasting a turkey and doing all the fixin's. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Hello fellow Canucks! Happy Thanksgiving! Whats on the menu for you today (or tomorrow)?

Today we are being traditional in our house.

Turkey, stuffing, taters (mashed and oven roasted), green bean casserole, steamed yellow beans, Joe's coleslaw, apple pie, pumpkin pie and a chocolate tart with whipped cream.

Who is Joe and tell me about his cole slaw.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone up in the Great White North!!!

Thanks everyone and happy thanksgiving back to you Alix and to all my fellow Canadians.

We had our thanksgiving dinner on Thursday (ham, scalloped potatoes, etc.) because DH works today and tomorrow my Dad is taking us and my sister out for Thanksgiving and my family birthday dinner (bday was a week ago). I know I am having chocolate cream puff trifle because Dad let me pick it out at our favourite bakery (he didn't want me making my own dessert) and other than that I have no idea what dinner is.

I just want to say one thing. I am very thankful for all my friends (read family) here at DC. The last year or so has been pretty rough in a lot of ways and you have been there for me in so many ways. That is something to truly be thankful for.

turkey-canada.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Happy Thanksgiving to all our DCer's in Canada..Enjoy your Thanksgiving Day.
kadesma:)

Who is Joe and tell me about his cole slaw.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone up in the Great White North!!!

Thanks chefkathleen! Joe was my Dad and he made fantastic coleslaw. Here is his recipe. Just as an edit to that recipe, use more onion than it calls for. You need the sweetness of the carmelized onion to balance the salt and lemon of the dressing.

Happy Thanksgiving back at all my fellow Canucks, and thanks to my American cousins for their good wishes.....we did our turkey on Friday, because the grown up kids are going away on holiday and the younger ones back to school. So, we also celebrated Mike's b'day, 'cause they won't be here for that. Did roasted turkey, stuffing, my green bean/cracker/sharp cheddar cheese casserole, mashed taters, ambrosia, red pepper jelly w/apricots and jalepeno peppers. Dessert was made and brought...a pumpkin pie and a coconut custard one.....Good wines too!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom